I've Got Goals!

I've been super quiet lately.   For many reasons.  Anxiety was getting the best of me.   I needed to take care of me and adding anything else to my plate would definitely push me over the edge.  After a lot of soul searching and a ton of support from my family, I feel like the anxiety piece is becoming better managed.  (a future post on that) 



I'm definitely going to take the plunge and run my first ultra.  There's a 50k this fall that works perfectly with my schedule - meaning, I can do a bulk of the training this summer.  It's the Firebird 50k.  Check it out here



I was waiting to make sure I had a few solid weeks of ultra training under my belt and a good feeling about them to make the announcement.  So here it is.   It's not going to be fast.  It's going to take a long time.  But it's only about getting it done and completing my first 50k!  



This past weekend I had 10 and 12 mile runs back-to-back.   I was a little nervous about them going into the weekend, but I was like oh heck no, I've got this!!!



And you know what?  I did it!  And my legs feel great!    Could I really be back on my training track?  I sure hope so! 



And I know there will be much more of this in my future as the mileage keeps creeping up and up.  


What goals do you have right now?  I'd like to hear!!!




Comments

  1. Good luck training for your ultra! You were so fast at Bradbury, and it is still so early in the season, that I think you are going to surprise yourself and basically kill that 50k! (also, great job negotiating with your anxiety. definitely something I deal with too, and can understand. I think anxiety is wildly misunderstood, and I'm so glad you are taking care of yourself!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! When I was keeping up with you (for a short time) I felt pretty gosh darn good about my pace! ;).

      I'm looking forward to the next race with you and that 50K! Anxiety is very much misunderstood. It's a constant battle with people who don't get it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway