Oh my

I was the absolute best wife ever on Sunday.  Really, I was.  And I totally expect excellent treatment from Ward after I run the marathon in October.  I'm really writing this so I can show him in October and remind him of how awesome I was!
    - I didn't put any parenting demands on Ward all day
    - I let Ward nap in the car while I took the kids into a diner for lunch 
    - I even ordered him fries and milk (his request) and he joined us when he woke up
    - Once we got home, I didn't place any parenting demands on him....well, except for 
             the 30 minutes that I snuck out for a run - I do know he didn't leave the couch 
             the entire time...so he was all set!
    - I unpacked both of his marathon bags - gross, stinky clothes and all and didn't 
             complain

The only thing I really made him do was go to the New Balance Outlet with me in Skowhegan.  I really wanted to use the gift certificate that I won at the January Thaw race and since we were sorta in the area, well, north of Gardiner anyway, we stopped in there on the way home.   

What did I get?  I got a pair of New Balance WT100 and a high impact sports bra for $53.  That was after the $25 gift certificate.  Not a bad deal.  



Here's my new shoes.  They are technically trail shoes, but really, does it matter?   They are basically a minimalist shoe - 6 ounces and very little cushioning.  They are going to be my new 5K racing shoes.  I may try a 10k with them, but I'm not sure.  



I'll spare you a picture of the sports bra.  I'm just excited that it is high impact and there are absolutely zero bouncing going on there.  AND I don't have to double bra it anymore.  Woo hoo!  

Comments

  1. Hope you don't mine I came across from seecassierun. Love your blog, your life style seems to mirror mine but I'm on a real small scale and only just trying out a veggie patch this year :-)
    Congratulations to hubby on his achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have your visit my little blog! Thank you for the kind words. Looking forward to "seeing" you more on here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!