Still eating like I'm running....

So far, tappering hasn't been too bad.  We'll see how I feel near the middle/end of the week when my race anxiety is sky high and I really need that running outlet!  

The biggest problem for me is to not eat like I'm running a 20-miler.  I only did 2 - 20-milers in the marathon training, BUT, that is all it took for me to really enjoy those eating days.  

I know I need my energy and I know I can't really stop eating, but I am positive I'm not really supposed to eat 5 of these!



After apple picking today, I had this urge to bake something, so I went to my old favorite - allrecipes.com for some ideas and this is what I came up with. 

Apple Pie Muffins! 

They were incredibly easy and tasty to boot.  I know, I couldn't stop eating them. 

Here's the recipe with my slight alterations:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1 egg
1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 cups diced apples

topping:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
4 T melted butter

Directions:
- preheat oven to 375
- mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, mix wet ingredients (w/ apples) in small bowl - add wet mixture to dry mixture, mix well
- mix topping ingredients in small bowl
- grease muffin pan, scoop batter into muffin pan, sprinkle topping mixture over batter - bake 25 minutes
- eat and enjoy!

Comments

  1. Oh, those look so good! I'm going to have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word those Apple Pie Muffins look amazing .... I must NEVER be allowed to make them - I MEAN EVAR!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looked amazing so I had to make them right away! Added a little cinnamon and vanilla into the batter, sooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does "
    1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 " mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved these, thank you! But, ours came out much darker for some reason. SUPER moist/soft still, but darker. Could be because I put cinnamon in the muffin mix as well as on top? Oh, and how many is it supposed to make? We made a dozen & the topping ended up spreading all over our muffin tin! lol! Regardless, they were amazing & we WILL make them again! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I followed the topping recipe and it came out pasty...not crumbly like you would sprinkle on?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway