2018 Goals #BeBraveAndGrow

As 2017 comes to an end (thank god!), I'm looking forward to 2018 with much excitement.  

\

In terms of my training, 2017 started off fabulous.  I was hitting the mileage I needed to get 1700 miles in 2017.  BUT, then stupid bronchitis hit me like a Mac truck several times.   And then a badly sprained ankle.   Both tried to keep me down, but I got back up again.  I focused on gaining more strength.  



Then I added in a lot more yoga.   With regular yoga classes, yogalates, and aerial yoga, I'm feeling that I have the yoga bug back and I'm loving it.   


I'm focusing on a strong 2018 and would absolutely be thrilled if I could build my mileage back up to a 1600+ year.  To keep me motivated I've already gone and signed up for several races: 


MidWinter Classic 
You never know what the day will bring.  A Sunday morning race in early February can mean 40+ degrees or negative temps with brutal winds.  Who knows!  But I do know that I'll be there tearing up the course again in Cape Elizabeth.   This is a fun 10 mile race that sells out quickly in Maine and I cannot wait!  If the weather gods are with us, I'm hoping for a killer race.  If not, it will at least be fun!  


Bradbury Snowshoe Series
I signed up for all 3 races in this series.  Again.   I had such a blast last year, I know I couldn't miss out this year!   And when I mentioned it to Ward, he said "sign me up too!"   

Lake Auburn Half Marathon
I've never done this one before.   And I'm excited by it!

MDI Half Marathon 
Only on the prettiest marathon and half marathon in Maine.   This race is the held during the beautiful peak foliage times in Maine and runs along the rocky coast of Downeast Maine.   


Sugarloaf 15k
The 15k distance is so much fun! 


When the time comes, I will be signing up for the next few races.   

Bond Brooks Trail Series 
This series kicks my butt each time.   To be honest, this race is at the worst time for me.  Thursday evenings after I have stood in the hot sun all day long at track meets.  BUT, I have had super race envy every time my husband goes to run and I don't.  I'll definitely getting in a few, if not all, of these races this summer!

LL Bean 10k 
Registration for this one is in March.   Doing this 10k is a tradition.  It was my first 10k and I love it.  

Mount Washington Road Race 
Yes! I'm going to put my name in the lottery again and I have my fingers crossed that the 3rd time is a charm.  

Pineland Farms 25K 
I haven't 100% committed to this one yet because I may change my distance.  If my big goal of the year doesn't work out.   We will see!!!   

Bradbury Trail Mountain Series
Last year I wanted to do it so bad but somehow missed the sign up.  I signed up for the Breaker, but had sprained my ankle the week before.   Which means 2018 is the year!  

Eastern States 20 miler
This one would be the perfect final tune up for my big goal of the year.  It's been on my "to do" list for years, but I never make it happen.  

and drumroll please......  
I'm finally going to do it!   I've been inspired to follow my big dreams and go for it.    I have my eyes set on my first Ultra!   

TARC Spring Classic 50k.  
I don't know a ton about this one except that it's a loop course.   Registration isn't even open yet.   But I do know that the timing of it works out almost perfectly with track.  A bulk of my training will be done before track season begins.   





and we will see........  
Tri For A Cure
I put my name in the lottery.  We will see!   I'm doing this one in honor of all of the women in my life impacted by cancer.   Or if that one doesn't work out, then the Dempsey Challenge.   

There will be more.   I am sure.  I want to add more trail races into the mix and I will!  Perhaps there will be a 6 hour race in there somewhere?   Who knows!!!!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!