Reading List


Today I went to Border's looking for some great deals and to use my gift certificate my BJHS co-workers gave me as a going away gift.  Unfortunately, the sale is only 10% at this time, but the selection in the running section was already pretty slim, so instead of waiting for a better deal, I opted to buy a book today anyway.  I chose Kara Goucher's Running for Women and I cannot wait to read it.  When I got back from Border's, I saw that I had an email from the Gardiner Public Library - that Hal Higdon's Marathon: The Ultimate Training and Racing Guide book was on hold for me at the desk.  But before I read these two great books, I need to finish Sage Rountree's The Athlete's Guide to Recovery: Rest, Relax and Restore for Peak Performance.  So far, I am liking Sage's book.  It has been recommended by Terry and Jen of the Yoga to Run marathon training group I am participating in.  I see a couple of book reviews coming.  Maybe.  If I can get my act together.  


As for running, tonight I chose to take on some hill repeats.  I didn't want to drive to a hill, so I opted for the hill near my house.  It's only a 1/4 mile in length and about a 75 foot elevation change.  Good enough for the B2B race coming up.  Since I haven't done any hill repeats before, I needed to create a baseline.  Hopefully I will improve with time.  Here's what I did:

-1 mile (very easy warm-up) about a 9:00 pace
- hill #1 (1/4 mile) at 8:03 pace
- easy downhill
- hill #2 at 8:00 pace
- easy downhill
- hill #3 at 7:45 pace
- easy downhill
- hill #4 at 7:42 pace
- easy downhill
- 1 mile cool down 

Have a great night!  Off to watch True Blood with the husband!

Comments

  1. Kara's book is fantastic! It's full of lots of good information! Also a huge fan of True Blood but have to wait for the dvds to come out to watch it. HBO is too expensive lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read the book! We don't get HBO either- so I download it and watch it on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!