Complete Truth about a Great Protein Powder!

I am paying much more attention to what I'm putting into my mouth.  Even more so as I'm reading a book (post coming soon!) that is completely opening my eyes to how foods change your brain and it's functions.  Yes, that amazing.



That is why I'm so excited to share with you a company that makes protein powder that is:

- Gluten Free
- Vegan
- Raw
- Soy free
- Dairy free
- GMO free
- no artificial flavors or sugars



This company is called Complete Truth.  And I tried out two different protein powders - the original Complete Truth and then the Complete Truth with Maca and Stevia.





Apple Smoothie with Complete Truth
- 1 pkg of Complete Truth with Maca and Stevia
- 1 sliced apple (with skins)
- 1 cup almond milk

Directions - blend, pour, go!


Compared to the other protein powders I've tried, the taste is definitely not sugary and not overwhelming at all.   It's more of an earthy, natural taste.  And I liked it!

In order to be able to compare this protein powder to others I've tried, I decided to use it in smoothies.  Smoothies are my go-to breakfast choice in the morning.  Incredibly easy to whip one up in the blender, pour and go.  Really, less than 5 minutes.  Definitely a breakfast for a woman on the go!



The new "to go" - and healthier!  Great start to my day at school.  


Complete Truth Smoothie with Banana
- 1 pkg of Complete Truth (original)
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup almond milk

Directions - blend, pour, go!

I do enjoy sweet drinks and found this one to not be sweet at all.  But it wasn't bitter either.  Which isn't a big deal at all because I adding a tsp of honey solved this.

The informational sheet I received with my samples, shared that the Compete Truth powder is a versatile product and can be used for baking, shakes, smoothies and more.  And it's designed for women!  Women on the go, specifically!  

Some facts about Complete Truth:
1 serving = 160 calories
7 grams of fat, 1 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrates, 7 g protein, and 23% of your daily iron (same for both types)

Ingredients: 
Original Complete Truth - Quinoa and Hemp seeds - only 2 ingredients?  Nice!
The Complete Truth w/ Maca and Stevia had Quinoa and Hemp Hearts as well as the Maca and Stevia.  That's it!  4 ingredients.

Complete Truth is a Canadian company.  Go Canada!  While I've only been to Canada 1 time in my life, I do have some great blogging buddies from Canada.

Are you a smoothie junkie?  What are your favorite smoothie recipes?  Share!  

What do you look for in a protein powder?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!