Dynamic Tape Review


A few weeks back, I had received a great product in the mail to review - introducing Dynamic Tape.
Heard of it?  And, in addition to getting the opportunity to try out roll, I had the opportunity to have a conversation with the owner/founder of Dynamic Tape!  How cool is that?

It's not a secret, I've been dealing with arch issues for quite awhile.  Dynamic Tape has been a godsend for me.

Dynamic Tape was developed by an Australian Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist who has been using it in the treatment for athletes as well as people with other musculoskeletal and neurological conditions.





My conversation with Ryan, who is an athlete himself.   

Dynamic Tape was launched in 2012.  Ryan explained that it was quite a process in developing Dynamic Tape.   While working with athletes, he realized quite a few of the injuries were due to overuse.  By using a rigid tape, athletes complained they couldn't get the proper position for their sport and felt uncomfortable.  He began using therabands on his patients by actually taping them on.  But again, therabands were limiting.  Which lead to Dynamic Tape.  

Ryan went on to explain that Dynamic Tape does not limit the users movements.  It's when you begin to lock up the joints, other issues can begin.  Dynamic Tape does not do this.   However, it can be paired up with a rigid tape or kinesiotape.  

I asked Ryan what exactly Dynamic Tape was.  He explained that it's like a bungee.  It takes what's weak and takes the work away from the injured muscle.   It's the opposite of a rigid tape.  It is actually a very elastic tape.  He explained that athletes and therapists can double or triple layer Dynamic Tape in it's application to add more strength, more lift, if needed.    

Ryan added some hints in applying Dynamic Tape.  He wanted to stress that the glue used on Dynamic Tape is actually a heat activated glue and to hold the ends down for at least a minute, to ensure it has a secure hold.  Also, if you are going to double the layers, you must double the layers prior to stretching the tape in anyway and to double (or even triple) before applying to the skin.  That why both pieces are working together to support your muscles.  

His wife is a Dynamic Tape user and has run 25-30k races through the rainforest, mud, and mountains. She's come back from the race with Dynamic Tape still intact, doing it's job.  Now that's some heavy use!  


Who can use Dynamic Tape?  
- athletes (runners, swimmers, surfers, and team sport players - volleyball, football, tennis, etc)  
- people with special needs - such as cerebral palsy (as a Special Education Teacher, I loved this!)  
- people who have suffered from strokes/or other medical issues for therapeutical assistance 

He added that it's an amazing feeling to see that the product you've created has helped to improve the quality of life for some people. 

Dynamic Tape isn't only a tool for injuries, it's a tool for recovery as well.  For instance, it can help runners in correcting their form.  After an injury, some athletes do not realize their form is off.  By using Dynamic Tape, you can gather more information by getting a feeling of where you should be and gives you a better feeling or improved posture.  

However, with that said, Dynamic Tape is not a stand alone treatment.  It's not going to solve all of your problems just by putting it on. Stretching and strength exercises are a necessary piece to recovery as well.  

After our conversation, I emailed Ryan asking about the tattoo design.  Which is a lot of fun.  He explained that it when he first created Dynamic Tape, he was living on Norfolk Island, about 1,000 miles east of Australia.   The tattoo design was used to draw more attention to Norfolk Island and the artist, Tihoti.  


Before speaking with Ryan, I did check out the videos offered on the Dynamic Tape website.  The videos are quite impressive and detailed.  I felt well informed applying the Dynamic Tape to my arch.   There are also a wealth of information of application tips in the application guidelines which are very user friendly.  

I had been using Dynamic Tape for about two weeks prior to my conversation with Ryan.  So I was already impressed before speaking with him.  After our conversation, I was even more impressed with what Dynamic Tape does for people - athletes and people with special needs.  

I've got to add that I've tried other tapes on my foot, trying to deal with my arch issues, and I've worn PF sleeves too.  None of those devices gave me the support I felt with Dynamic Tape.  My movement was not restricted and I felt free for the first time in months.  I ran the Tufts 10k wearing Dynamic Tape and had the fastest run (and most successful run) I had for months.  Actually, right now, I'm not even wearing any tape.  I haven't for two weeks.  Is it due to Dynamic Tape?  Most definitely.  It wasn't only Dynamic Tape, it was also the yoga, stretching and strength I was doing and that I'm continuing doing, but it was definitely a huge piece to my recovery puzzle.  

Thank you to Ryan for providing me this opportunity to review a great product that has changed my life and has helped my foot be pain free.  

Now that my roll is almost gone, I had to check out where I can buy more!  You can buy it here or on Amazon.  And it comes in a dark tattoo print and a beige tattoo print.  I prefer the dark print, because I love it.  But you get your choice!!!  


Disclaimer:  I was sent a roll of Dynamic Tape for the purpose of review.  I was not required to give a positive review.  As always, all opinions expressed on my blog are 100% my own.  

Comments

  1. Love its look! I love the use for it too, my run doctor uses something similar and it is super helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!