October is NON-GMO Month #BESTOWED

It seems like every single time I turn around, foods are genetically modified.  It's incredibly frustrating as a mom trying to feed my children healthy foods.  But then Bestowed comes out and focuses their October box on NON-GMO foods and I'm sold.  I was one of the lucky ones to receive a complimentary box this month to review.



My Bestowed box came last week, on a crazy busy day.  I really wanted to be able to open the box and take my time looking at all of the goodies that came in the box, so I waited until after the Izzy's bath time, so I knew I would have all of the major chores of the day done and I could concentrate on the goodies.  I wanted to do something a little different, so I had Tucker (my official photographer) record me while Izzy was my assistant.  



And then after the reveal, we scrambled over the delicious snacks in the box.  


First up was the UNREAL Peanut Butter Cups.  




"MMMM....peanut butter and chocolate.  That's love, mom."  Yes, she is completely my girl.  The only bad thing about the UnReal pb cups is that there were only two in the package.  There were three of us.  You see the problem.  Other than that, these pb cups were UNREAL!  




Then we tore open the bag of Way Better Snacks - Black Bean Tortilla Chips.  They were the perfect combination of salty and crisp.  I love black beans, but couldn't taste them at all.


I thought I'd be biased, since I really enjoy healthy foods, so I thought I would ask my biggest food critic.  This boy does not like anything that could be good for you.  



However, he loved these chips!  He actually took the rest of the bag and ate them.  As much as I didn't want to share, I was pumped that he was eating them.  They are going on the grocery list for sure.  




And this Love Crunch - Dark Chocolate Macaroon Granola?  Let's just say I was quite sad when I emptied the bag.  This granola was perfect for snacking and topping on my greek yogurt for breakfast.   However, my sadness has come to end now that I just found a coupon in the box for some more!  



Ultima Replenisher This electrolyte supplement is completely sugar free and also free of artificial ingredients.  Plus it tastes great.  It wasn't too overpowering at all.  Plus it was grape flavored.  My most  favorite flavor of all.  

Other goodies in the box that were consumed far too fast to be photographed.  

Enjoy Life Seed & Fruit Mix.  I love trail mix, and Enjoy Life delivers a great alternative for those who have nut allergies by making a snack with seeds and tangy fruits.  It comes in a small, easy to grab packet as well, which makes it perfect to send to school for a snack for my son.  Yes.  I shared with him.  And he loved it!  

FiberLove Cinnamon Raisin Bar.  I am not sure what I was thinking.  I took this bar to school and ate it.  Loved it actually.  But didn't take a picture.  Bad blogger.  But I'll tell you this.  It tastes just like a oatmeal raisin cookie and is loaded with 48% of your daily fiber.  And I have to mention, it's only 130 calories.  

The Good Bean Smoky Chili & Lime Chickpea Snacks.  Crunchy, spicy, filling, and so much more.  These provided me with a perfect snack after lunch.  They are completely clean and there is nothing artificial about them at all.  After some research, I found they also come in Sweet Cinnamon and Sea Salt.  Now I need to get some more and try them.  

Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 Plant Based Protein Supplement.  This amazing packet of protein powder provided me with 20 grams of protein, which I blended into my oatmeal, drizzled with a little bit of maple syrup and topped with blueberries.  So yummy.  Filling.  And great for you.  

NOW - something GOOD for you!  You can get your first Bestowed box for nearly 50% off ($10, instead of $19).  To get this, use the code HELLOTEN103 at checkout.  The code is good until 11/20. If you order after 10/31, you'll be getting a November box.  If you want the NON-GMO October box, order before 10/31!!!  

Disclaimer:  I received this box from Bestowed for the purpose of a review of the NON-GMO products of the month of October.  I was not compensated in any other way and I was not required to give a positive review.  As always, all opinions expressed on my blog are 100% my own.  











Comments

  1. Awesome - thanks so much for reviewing. I love hearing about new products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree! I love this box! And it made me SO aware of all the GMOs everywhere. Blech.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!