The World Doesn't End When Running Does

There are other things in life other than running.   Yes, that's right, folks.


Today, Izzy and I visited our local farmers market.  Izzy's treat was a strawberry
ice cream, and I got lobster, blueberries and some other goodies.  

Injury Update:
On Monday, I had an appointment with an Orthopedic doctor.  After the examination, he said it really seemed as though I had a torn meniscus and ordered an MRI.  Finally!  That's what I've been waiting for.  The MRI is set for this Friday morning, with the follow up appointment with the doctor the following Friday.  It seems like this whole process is taking forever!  But really, I know, I'm just a frustrated athlete.  Taking time to really rest that knee is best right now.

At the appointment, I asked the doctor if this stupid injury had anything to do with my overcompensating with my PF issue.  He assured me it had nothing to do with it, just bad luck in twisting my knee the wrong way.

I asked him what forms of exercise I could do while I wait (and wait and wait) for the results.  He said no running (duh) or biking.   Yes to upper body strength and core workouts.  He said to be careful with yoga and pilates when it came to knee bends and to definitely stay away from squats and lunges.   At least he gave me some parameters to work with.

Instead of sulking, which I've done plenty of already, I need to move on and refocus on staying fit in other ways.




The week in workouts:
Sunday:  45 minutes/Bob Harper Kettlebell workout - minus the lunges/squats/mountain climbers.  Instead I substituted in push ups or tri dips.
Monday:  30 min of yoga
Tuesday:  45 minutes of Arms/Shoulders/Back/Core circuit at the gym
Wednesday:  30 minutes Arms/Core


I've got to say, tonight's workout wasn't the best and it really didn't do it for me.  I will say that the Kettlebell workout and the circuit workouts left me feeling pretty awesome and pumped afterwards.  I can see myself really enjoying those workouts more.  

I DO love yoga though, so that is definitely what I'm going to do tomorrow.  







Comments

  1. You have been in my thoughts a lot lately. Being injured really sucks and while I know you have shed many tears, you are proving what a strong person you are by looking for more to fill your need for those missing endorphins. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be thinking you tomorrow!


    Cheers to more Kettlebell and circuit workouts! Nothing like feeling pumped after a workout (perhaps literally too hehe)!


    Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will come back stronger and better than ever, if it is the meniscus, I was back to running (slowly) a month after my knee scoping a couple of years ago and since you are a lot younger, you will heal even faster :-). Yes there is life beyond running and when we can't run it is frustrating, but just think of it as a long rest and base training period. That perspective makes it seem a little easier.
    Thinking of you Jen
    H

    ReplyDelete
  4. injuries suck, but yes there is more to life than running. Great job keeping a good attitude and not wallowing in self pity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie @ couchtoironwomanAugust 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM

    I'm glad that things are looking up for you! I hope that the MRI gives you the results that you need so you can get better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Harold!!!! We'll see tomorrow. I know it's not the end of running all together. It's just a change in the way I do things and I'm trying my best to adjust!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He he! Love the pun. Ward told me he's nervous that I'm going to be stronger than him. Here's hoping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet! It does suck - but there are worse things. Right? ;) Congrats Iron (wo)Man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I still wallow from time to time :) But I'm getting better. I think! Off to do some gardening and lifting heavy things. Hoping that will burn some calories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing for speedy MRI results so you know where to go from here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh! I hope you get answers quickly and recover even quicker! How about swimming for exercise, is that an option?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only just read about your injury, so sorry to hear :( My mom had a knee surgery recently and it's amazing how quickly and safely they can do surgeries these days. Sending best wishes and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, I know this is frustrating, but I really admire your attitude and positivity! And way to go getting 40 push-ups….

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!