A Clever Idea



At the start of my winter outdoor running adventure, I noticed my ankles were cold.  At first it didn’t really bother me, but then the temperatures really started to plummet.



“Coach” Ward told me I should wear different running socks so I could cover my ankles, but I really wasn’t buying into wearing different running socks.  I love my ankle height Smartwool running socks. 



Then I read a post by Emilie from onemominmaine.com.  She wrote about the same problem with exposed ankles and her solution was to cut off the bottom part of a high pair of socks so they went over your regular socks and covered the ankles.  How ingenius! 



I immediately found a pair of socks I no longer wear, cut the bottoms off and put them on.  I’ve run with them a few times on really cold days.  What is even more awesome, is during one of our runs, Jill noticed what I had done and said “you got that idea from One Mom In Maine, didn’t you?”  


I actually wore them this weekend on our long run. Thank you for the clever idea, Emilie!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!