FItting It In


I distinctly remember thinking (in my heavier days) that I’d like to exercise but wasn’t sure how I would fit it into my schedule.  I remember telling Ward that I “just couldn’t find the time”.  The truth of the matter is it means enough to you, you find time.  I need to exercise, so I make time. I’m not going to lie.  Sometimes it’s a challenge.  It requires thinking ahead.  I find myself looking at the calendar every Sunday to plan out my running week.  Which days I do I have an IEP meeting after school?  A staff meeting?  On those days, I know I cannot squeeze in a run after school and get to Miss Karen’s in time to get Izzy.  That’s just not going to work.  When I had a particularly packed meeting week and it was looking like I wasn’t going to get my runs in, my sister-in-law suggested that I run during my lunchtime.  At first I was nervous about this and thought I was going to get in trouble. Plus, I never eat during my lunchtime anyway.  I snack throughout the day and I don’t eat with anyone else at school. But, I was desperate to get that run in, so I did it.  It felt great AND I didn’t get in trouble!  I found this awesome loop around the junior high.  It’s flat and fast.   I love it!  I decided that I couldn’t do this everyday, but would reserve this running time to one or two days a week.  Today was one of those days.  But, today, as I was running past the school where I will be teaching next year, I couldn’t help but wonder if I was going to be able to pull off my runs during the day as I do now.  I sure hope so!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway