Day 1 of Vacation Week!


First thing this morning I made some granola.  



My Pumpkin Granola Recipe

4 cups of oatmeal
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
¼ cup honey (or maple syrup….whatever you have available!)
¼ cup flax seed
2 TBS chia seeds (or more if I'm feel like it)
½ cup sunflower seeds
2 TBS canola oil
¼ cup shredded coconut
½ cup dried cranberries or other dried fruits

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients (except the coconut and dried fruit) in a large bowl. 
  3. Spread into a baking dish – make it a thin layer. 
  4. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.  Personally, I’d check it at 30 minutes, stir it up, then watch closely for the remainder.  It burns quickly!
  5. Sometimes I add in the coconut near the end of baking – around 10 minutes left or sometimes I just wait until I pull it out of the oven and add it with the dried fruit and mix well.  I like to see that there is coconut in my granola.  I add the dried fruit after the baking because I’ve had really bad luck with burnt fruit.! 

With the 10 miler rescheduled for this Sunday, this is my rest week.  Which is good, I think, because I’m pretty sure my IT band is acting up again.  I plan using the foam roller and stretching quite a bit this week. 

Instead of using the thin, foam roller imposter I borrowed from the PE department at school. I get to use my new foam roller which came today! 


Today’s workout: 
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  I’ve never been one for a DVD workout, but I do like Jillian Michalels and I like that it’s a fast moving workout.  Not the same as running, but it’s something. 

And after dinner, I went over to Jill & Wade’s house to use their exercise bike.  I took Ward’s iPad to catch up on my Grey’s Anatomy!   I got in 11 miles in 40 minutes.  I need to figure out how to the programming on that bike works because I hit some killer hills.  


Dinner tonight – not eggs.  I had Portland Pizza Pie and I was really craving my favorite – spinach, carmalized onions, and feta.  I know I could have made a breakfast pizza, but I just wasn’t feeling it tonight.  Perhaps tomorrow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway