A Necessary Run

The past few days at work have been a bit stressful and I really needed a run today.  It seemed as though the closer I got to my house, the harder the rain came down.  I had made up my mind that I was going to have to suck it up and head to the gym to run on the treadmill.  Now this is a big deal to me because I have been quite proud of myself for having braved the Maine winter weather and have done a majority of my runs outside.  By all means, I am not saying that running on the treadmill is a bad thing.  I actually do enjoy it, but I also enjoy saving money.

As I was getting ready to head to the gym, I realized that the rain had lessened to a drizzle and I quickly changed my mind.  I was going to run outside and I was pumped.  It was 40 degrees with a drizzle, so it was definite hat weather.  I do love my new hat.   Tonight was my first run since Saturday's half marathon, so my goal was to just take it easy and do my quick 3.5 mile route on my road.  I was able to complete my run in 29:21.  AND I feel way better!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!