First Double



With Reach the Beach: MA less than a month away, I need to put my energy into getting ready to run multiple legs in a 24 hour period.  Actually, looking our team's spreadsheet - it's more like 30 or so hours, but you get the picture.  My plan is to dedicate two days per week that are back to back to get in three runs within 30 hours.  So far I'm rocking it.  Well, I think so anyway.

okay, I know I just used this picture earlier today,
but this was after the 5 miles yesterday
Yesterday
11 am:  5 mile run (with Tucker biking along)

Today
6 am: 6 miles
12:30 pm: 4 miles (with Tucker biking again)

Total
15 miles in 25.5 hours.  Not too shabby.  

Today was my first double, ever.  Now that Ward is done with Boston and probably not going to train for anything anytime soon - it's all me!  Yeah right.  This little fantasy world I'm living in will only last about a week until he decides he's going to train for something.  I may as well run as much as I can while the schedule is open, right?  

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I've been a little quite nervous about multiple runs in a short amount of time.  For the past few months, I've been trying to get in two longish runs during the weekends as well.  Actually, I really enjoy piling the miles on during the weekend anyway.     

My "leg" for the team consists of three runs totally 16.74 miles.  If I just pulled off a respectable 15 miles amongst three runs, I'd say I'm on the right track.  We'll try the three run thing again next weekend.  Next time, I'll aim at 17 miles total.  I think "over-training" will be better for me in this situation anyway.  

Have you ever run a 24 hour relay race?  This is my first time ever.  Heck, I never even run a relay race in high school!  




Comments

  1. you'll do great! don't try to over train, you don't want to get hurt... know what your body can/cant do. the race is unlike anything you will have ever done, and you will feel it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Don't overtrain? I'm only doing 16 miles and I want it to seem easy, peasy. I promise I'll rest a lot beforehand! Since you are the rockstar with relays, I'll listen to you and won't push TOO hard in training.

      Delete
  2. this looks like such a fun race. I'm thinking about doing this next year (I think there is one that starts in NH (?), a couple friends for KVC have expressed interest, we'll just need to get more folks on board. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - there is the one in NH. I think it's in September. You all should do it!!!

      Delete
  3. You're going to do great! We've been doing a few two-a-days in prep for the 77.7 mile relay we're doing next week.

    We are trying to do the Reach the Beach New Jersey relay but we still need 5 people :( Hopefully we can find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's October 12/13 I believe. I would be interested but I'm running a marathon up a freakin' mountain on the 14th!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your team name. Yes, there will be lots of recaps I am sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like fun, i've never done relay.. enjoy! you've got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done a relay race! Good luck with yours!!! Wow, 24 hours! Have FUN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my first relay in August so I will start thinking about 2 a days soon! Great job on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never done a relay nor have I tried a double. Though, I've heard that they can be good for building endurance and really would like to try it sometime. But my legs might disagree with that idea LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. No getting injured teammate! My foot is feeling 100% better and ready to run. It had me seriously freaked out earlier this week. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never run a relay race but have been hearing a lot about them lately. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job with your first double! You will have no problem with the relay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!