Team Need For Speed

We're getting there - 19 more days until Reach The Beach.  Last night some of us met for dinner and meeting at the Sea Dog.  


Capt'n Fancy Pants - aka Sarah


Mr. Fancypants 

Considering we team members from all over New England, having 7 out of 12 members make it last night  made for a pretty good turn out.  It was especially nice to meet Eric and Andy in real life since we have been chatting on twitter/facebook here and there.

Lauren & Andy

 Eric

 Capt'n Fancypants was organized out get together and brought along the huge rules booklet.


Carrie 

Some of the rules to remember:
- run on the side of the road with the RTB arrows - easy enough
- be quiet during quiet zone hours - okay, I can handle that
- no pooping along the road/on people's lawns/etc.  - okay, I get it! I wouldn't want people pooping on my lawn or on the side of the road, but what if I'm in the middle of the woods and really have to go???

& the rules go on and on - mostly all common sense

Stacy


We're getting there!  This is going to be one fun adventure for sure.
 


and me!
Have you done a relay race before?  What tips can you share?

Comments

  1. You're going to have a great time!!!:) I haven't done a relay yet but really want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so nervous!!! But like you said - I'm sure we'll have a great time!

      Delete
  2. yes, the "common sense rules" seem easy enough. but you just wait until youre about 3 miles in, on a road with no one around, and you havent seen a neon RTB arrow in a while... (am i going the right way? maybe i should turn around... there was a road back there, did i miss the sign?) ...and what about things that arent in the rule book- do i trust to take popcicles from some kid hanging out of a car driving by? NINETEEN DAYS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay - not cool getting lost! Now I'm freaking out. Great. Thanks, Danielle! :)

      Delete
  3. My first relay is in June! I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never done anything like this! Sounds like so much fun and I loved 'meeting' your team - you look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how happy we are after zero sleep! Ha! I'm sure it will be all good.

      Delete
  5. I haven't done a relay race, but I hope to in the next year or two! How exciting to have it right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a relay is something Id enjoy!
    much more than a solo race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I've heard that you are really just running alone anyway - the runners are so spaced out. That part makes me uneasy - especially the running at night thing.

      Delete
  7. LOL - no pooping along roadside? It's probably worse they even had to include that! I've never done a relay. In fact, I've only recently heard about them through other running bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - I guess it had to have been an issue to make it in the handbook!

      Delete
  8. I haven't done a relay but I will later this summer. Have fun on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just did one this weekend! It was so much fun!! You guys are going to have an amazing time, I'm glad you got to meet Eric and Andy. I like reading all of the banter on twitter.

    Our team actually could have been disqualified because of me since we weren't allowed to go to the bathroom in the woods or on the side of the road either (pee or poop). I had to pee and there was supposed to be a porta-potty at my exchange point before I had to run and they weren't there! I asked a volunteer what to do and if they would penalize me if I went in the woods and they said they wouldn't since it wasn't my fault there weren't any porta-potties. The sheriff didn't really like me going on the deputy's property though, oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? No porta-potty? Bummer you had to go on the deputy's property. Ha!

      I am so happy you had a great time!!! & Yes, Andy and Eric are going to be so much fun!

      Delete
  10. I am so excited for you and RTB! I'm sure it will be a blast. My first relay isnt until June so I'm no help at all but I'll be soaking up all of your tips haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to share as many as I can! :) Best of luck to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!