Getting Ready

At least I can say someone is ready for her race today.



Izzy will hopefully be debuting her first fun run today with Ward and Tucker today (1/4 mile) at 10:00 am while I'm out on the course for the half today.  (really?  why do they schedule the fun run during the 1/2?)

Anyway, yesterday I picked up the kids swag bags and the shirts were going to be too big for Izzy so I ran to TJ Maxx hoping for something cute for Izzy and I found this adorable little Nike running skirt and shirt.



Now for me.  It's 30 degrees out there.   The temps aren't going to warm up that much between now and race them and there's the dreaded wind.  I have two slight variations in outfits for today and I cannot decide.  I probably won't decide until race time. That's how I roll.



the brrr....I'm cold look 

or the "let's be twinsies with Carrie look"  


Be ready for a race report soon!  Happy Saturday to all of you.

Comments

  1. Damn...I need a purple hat!!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Your little girl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - I love the idea of races for kids, but it's so dumb that they coincide with the other events. Obviously, the parents need to be with their kids, but most of them are running too! Anyway, best of luck to you! Hope it's a great day for running. Both versions of your outfit look cute - I love the color scheme! Very spring-like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it gives them something to do while the parents are gone, right? :)

      Delete
  4. I had a hard time deciding on what to wear today too. But my cycling tights are padded and would have sucked to run in so I settled on my tri shorts. I wore a tech shirt (short sleeve) and a light running jacket which was a life saver when the cold rain started. Wore sweat pants, gloves and ear band until race start because I am a wuss. Love this outfit whichever version you chose. Glad to see they could all tell you were "TOUGH"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww...cold rain. That's the worse. Did you have a great race?

      Delete
  5. Well you both look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great race! Your daughter is adorable... there was a kids race this morning at the 4 mile race I ran, and it was the first time I realized my daughter is ready (and wants to) run, but she's just a little over two... maybe we'll try one soon?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have an awesome race!!!! Izzy didn't run it - but at least she had fun!

      Delete
  7. Cute running skirt! Your daughter is adorableeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to get Izzy more running skirts. It's going to turn into an addiction!

      Delete
  8. hahaha I LOVE IZZY!!! good luck Ladies :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both were rockin' it today! Can't wait to hear the race update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the outfit. Not really, but I think it helps!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!