Book Review: Burn The Fat Feed the Muscle

A few weeks back I came across the opportunity to review Tom Venuto's book, Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle.  I have been much more interested lately in looking at the foods I choose to eat and how they affect my body so I jumped on the opportunity to read his book.



Here are a few of my thoughts about Tom's book - 
- practical and easy to read
- none of that overwhelming scientific/technical language 
- geared toward men and women
- it's not a "diet" book - where you are depriving your body of nutrients

Tom talks about 4 key elements in his L.E.A.N plan - 
1.  mental training
2.  nutrition 
3.  cardio
4.  weight training 

I'm very guilty of only doing the cardio piece.  Mostly running.  I have been better at switching it up lately with some rowing and elliptical.  I haven't gone on the bike since my knee injury - but winter is just about here so I know there will be bike time too!  I needed this book to put me on track and I think it really helped!

What caught my attention about Tom's book was this 'burning fat the natural way - without supplements, without drugs and without messing up your metabolism'.    I do take supplements already - Omega 3's and DHA, Turmeric, to name a few.  I'd rather not add more.  

Tom does a great job at really explaining why (to accelerate the fat burning!) our bodies need fibrous carbs and what to pair them up with.  I'm also a chart person and Tom delivered!  He included a great chart to really define starchy carbs (what to stay away from) and what fibrous carbs are (what to eat more of).  He even goes on with great sample breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal plans and recipes.  Just enough to get you started and headed in the right direct.  I really need it spelled out for me.  He did it.  I love it.

Another area that I'm not so good at is staying consistent with strength plan.  Tom has great plans in here, that take you from the introductory loading period to base loading to overloading and shock loading.   In addition to his plans, he explains how to do each exercise.  I need this.

Are you looking to build your strength, muscle, health and quality of life?  I think you should definitely check out Tom's book.  Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle will officially launch on December 10, 2013.  You can pre-order your copy at Amazon here.  




Comments

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!