My Goals?

The other day I was asked what my spring races were.  Hmmm..  I paused.  For a long time.  I don't know.  What DO I want to do?  



I know for sure there will not be any full marathons in my schedule.  I really do not have any interest in training for a marathon at this time.  So, what do I want to do?  


All I know for sure is that I'm going to be doing the MidWinter Classic 10 miler in February.  But, that's not spring.  

There are a lot of races I'd love to do, I just haven't committed to them yet.  Maybe I'll focus on half marathons.  There's one in York I'd like to try, then there's my favorite KRRT 1/2 which I didn't do last year - so I have to do it this year! 

I'd also love to check a triathlon off my list.  Do I do it this spring or wait until August?  Decisions, decisions!



Then there is the Sugarloaf 15k.  I did the full last year and loved it.  I've never done a 15k before, so why not?  What I do know is that I'd love to not spend a ton of money on races.  Two runners + races = quite a bit of money.   So, I need to choose wisely.

There is the Mount Washington Road Race I've been eyeing up.  Hmmm…..it's a lottery to get in.  It's worth a shot.  Right?  I've been trying to convince the girls to do it.  I think they believe I'm torturing them.



I've taken some time "off" so to say - to recharge myself, to get myself stronger.  I've enjoyed the "hmmm…..what should I run today" plan for enough months now.  Now is the time for me to refocus and get back into some sort of plan.

I finished off November with 82 miles.  I felt strong.  I felt fresh.  I don't feel beat down.  So let's go!  I'm not waiting for January 1st to set resolutions.  There is no time like the present.

Goal #1 - Work hard and PR at Midwinter Classic.  Last year's time - 1:19:47.  I've got this.

Goal #2 -  Continue with the core and overall strength building - arms/shoulders/back/legs.

Goal #3 - Yoga - 3x a week.   Even if it's only a 20 minute session.  It's still good for me!

Before I go….here's my winner for the Jost Running Virtual Race - Congratulations!!!



What are your goals?



Comments

  1. Krysten @DarwinianFailDecember 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

    LOVE IT!! I am also still working on my Race schedule for 2014. But I know an Ironman 70.3 is going to be on the list! Just gotta decide on which one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle@Running with AttitudeDecember 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

    Great goals! I'm just starting to play around with my race schedule - right now I don't have a big goal race but I would like to focus more on 10-milers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley @ SnowcreamandsyrupDecember 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM

    I'm hoping to do a trail race series in the spring. I have never done more than one race at a time, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of racing every few weeks or so. But yes - decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Transitional ObjectsDecember 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

    I ran Mt. Washington last year, and it was a fantastic, albeit grueling, experience with the winds and cold. You should absolutely enter the lottery! After two years of attempting to get in, the lottery finally paid off for me. Plus, your legs will feel surprisingly fresh after the race with all that slow, uphill running.

    As for me, I'm aiming for another marathon in March and a half-iron in August...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tri in August... swimming in the spring - ick! Wait til its warmer! :) I realllllly need to focus on strength training and yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should definitely do a triathlon, maybe two! ;) Our first triathlon is the first weekend of June, so the water will still be cool! Our big goal for next year is our Ironman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOod for you for taking some time to recharge! Easier said than done sometimes. I have guaranteed for NYCM 2014 so I will spend much of the year getting my head and body ramped up for that,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!