11 More Days!



My first half marathon of the 2011 year is just 11 days away.  As with any upcoming race, I am feeling both excitement and nervousness.  Excitement because the “girls” and I have been training for the 13.1 miles since December.  Nervous because I just want to improve my time from the Maine ½ Marathon last October AND I really want Stacy to heal in time for the run.  (sending lots of healing prayers your way!) My time in October was 1:54, which averages to an 8:45 pace. 

The Macmillian Running Calculator says this about my training: 
My long runs should be in this range: 9:41 – 10:41 (we’ve been close most of the time!)
My speed runs need to be in this range: 7:53- 8:11 (done that!)

I’m thinking I will meet my goal this year for several reasons:
-       this isn’t my 1st half
-       I’ve trained all winter long, in some pretty brutal conditions – while the weather in Maine in April is often iffy, it shouldn’t be as bad as those negative windchill days! 
-       I have my Garmin to help me pace better
-       I have my Camelbak (which I love) to hold my fuel and can rehydrate while running (I have it down now)
-       I’ve incorporated some speed training into my midweek runs (ie my mailbox training)
-       The course is basically downhill…that’s right folks- look at this map!  Gotta love Brunswick!





Next week will be a taper week.  I’ll be posting my taper plan later on this week! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!