Mixed Feelings

Next year my teaching assignment is changing from a Jr. High Special Educator to an Elementary Special Educator at the brand new Harriet Beecher Stowe Elementary School.   I've definitely had some mixed feelings about this change.  On the plus side, I am excited about younger kids, new building, new technology, and new furniture.  The negative side is that I'm leaving some incredible teachers whom I've been working with for 9 years.  Today was a teacher workshop day in Brunswick and I was scheduled to hang with my HBS folks.  It was a typical workshop day which included a lot of sitting and listening - I am not good at either one of these things.  But, our reward was that at 3:00 we got to tour our new school.  I took quite a few pictures with my cell phone and I'm going to share some of them with you! 


This is the view looking up in the main lobby area.
It was super bright and cheery in this area.   


The teacher's kitchen area - undone, of course.
It's really nice, but it's like a mile from my classroom.  Boo.  



My room (we think).  This is the wall where the Interactive White Board will be!

My room!

My room, again!
Note:  Room assignments have not been done.  But, we are assuming this is my room since I'll be working with the 5th graders (and possibly 4th) and this is the only room identified as a resource room anywhere near the 4th and 5th grade classrooms.  Here's hoping!  

On a running note, the girls and I are going out tomorrow for our 14 miles! 

Comments

  1. my hubby is a 5th grade teacher, how cool to have a brand NEW classroom to teach in!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!