Happy Spring!




Here’s some pictures to show some of the new life coming up in my garden!  It always makes me so happy to walk around the garden and see the signs of spring. 

Some daffodils peaking out!

and some Tulips here!


Izzy is getting to be more and more fun everyday.  It suddenly seems like we no longer have this baby.  She’s a little girl.  With her own personality and style. 



She loves to feed the chickens.  Or I should say, eat most of the bread and give them a little. 



Speaking of chickens…they are loving this weather.  Or at least it appears that way.   They have been everywhere – on the deck, in the fields, in the flower garden, in the fruit garden.  They even laid 10 eggs today!


This past week training recap:
Monday: 3.7 miles
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels
Wednesday: 4 miles on the treadmill (it was pouring!)
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: off
Saturday: 13.74 miles
Sunday: 3.5 miles

Total:  28.98 miles! 

Our long run on Saturday was a scheduled 14 miles.  We ran into a little issue when we got to Augusta and realized the trail ends abruptly.  We tried adding on some mileage on that end by looping around one of the buildings downtown a few times.   When we returned to Gardiner in the Hannaford parking lot, we just wanted to be done at that point, so there was definitely no adding any mileage on at that point.  It was still our furthest distance yet, so that’s a plus!

Today was beautiful.  Blue skies and near 40 degrees.  I had to get out there and get in a run.  Especially since we’re getting more snow tomorrow (2-5 inches here – yuck!).  I actually left my Garmin at home and ran with the old school watch – ie my sport watch from Target.  I felt a little fatigue in my legs, but not too bad considering our long haul yesterday.   I still finished my 3.5 mile run under 30 minutes.  Not too shabby!  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!