Shamrock Sprint

After two dreary days, the weather for the race was awesome!  Blue skies, 40 degrees.  Loved it.

So, Bath is much hillier than I remembered.  We did live there 8 years ago.  We did walk around the city a lot, but we never really ran it.  Wade described the course as all hills and no flat parts.  That is completely accurate.   It was still a great race.  I'm not sure if I'll ever see official results anywhere.


So here is my recap:  For the guys, Joe got 1st for his age group while Ward got 2nd place.  The race was small enough that 3rd placers didn't get a ribbon.  Sorry, Wade!

Ward is such a dork!


For the women, I got 4th overall and 3rd for my age group with my PR of 23:07!  No ribbon for me either.  Oh well.


Stacy and her family took off before we got back to the cars for pictures.  I have to do a better job at remembering to take pictures!


We did get a pretty cool t-shirt, bag and bracelet.  Not bad for a $15 registration.  



Overall, a cute little 5K.  Not a lot of runners.  No mile markers, but who needs one when the Garmin tells me my pace.   Plus, I got to go into the health food store for chia seeds and then to Reny's to get some mud boots for Izzy.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway