Have You Inspired Someone Today?

I bet you did and didn't even realize it. 

The other day, I was feeling rather sorry for myself.  I have been missing my girls on my runs lately and was thinking that I was going to have to change the name of my blog because I've been running by myself a lot lately.  Perhaps I'm a bit overdramatic. 

A few years ago I talked Stacy into running with me.  Our kid playdates soon became replaced with mommy run-dates.  I was in heaven and my bestest friend was running with me.  I didn't realize it at the time but I inspired her to run.   But the story doesn't end there, Stacy has gone on to inspire many other people to run.  She runs with a group of women after school most days before getting her daughter at daycare.  She has also been running with one of her teacher friends throughout the summer.  She even inspired her daycare provider (who is a super fit woman already) to start running again. 

The it dawned on me - Inspiration is Contagious

I see it with Stacy, I see it with my girls, I see all around the blog world, on facebook on dailymile, on twitter.  And I see it at home. 

Izzy will often times get on her yoga mat and do "some dog" as she puts it or will put my camelbak on her back and run around the house.  Tucker has been biking with me this summer (more than ever) when I run and he's even gone on a few runs with me and some with Ward, Wade, and Jackson. 




Your actions are not going unnoticed.  If you are out there walking, running, biking or doing anything to be an active, fit person, people are watching and taking notice.  YOU are an Inspiration

Comments

  1. YOU definitely have been an inspiration to me gf! I can't wait to meet you in person and pick your brain! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether you be in a group or not, you are still an inspiration to many! Awesome Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You started as my inspiration to run, and you continue to be. I miss running with you too and hope that as soon as all the house stuff settles that we will be able to start again on the weekends (except I shall do a much shorter distance than you). I love the photo of Izzy with the quote...that one is a keeper! Inspiration is contagious, and I think running is too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - you are so right!! I know that I for one have been (and I'm sure, will be) inspired by you :) We were thrilled to see you on Sat (albeit from the bus!) and are looking forward to meeting up with you a race one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this so much. The first time I had a blogger comment that I inspired them it blew me away. You really and truly never know who you touch with your words or your actions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this:) It always makes me feel so good when someone says I inspire them. Very meaningful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiration is an amazing thing! You've definitely got it going for you. And that is the cutest picture ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I "tagged" you as an inspirational blogger last week. Not sure if you saw it, but thought you might want to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right! I'm been surprised by some of my "real life" friends who have been reading my blog and started to run... and of course, my daughter, who thinks everyone's mom runs races. :) It's so nice when you realize the impact you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't have said it better myself Jen xo :) I love Izzy what a doll. Logan's "squats" are definitely youtube worthy. lol I always burst out laughing when he tries tackling one of my workouts lol

    I always tell everyone (when they complain about others actions or try to change others) the classic "be the change you want to see in others" and it really does work.

    I am SO grateful I stopped by b.c I really needed this. I just hung up on Colin when he refused to stop buying bottled water. I'll just keep using my reusable one and hope that one day I inspire him to get one too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway