Last Dash Before School Starts Results

School has officially started here.  I started on Monday, with 2 professional days and then students started on Wednesday.  This now means I am the mom to a 4th grader!  Jeez, where has the time gone?


my nephew, Jackson, & Tucker before school 

and then the boys getting off the bus 


It seems like only yesterday my boy was heading off to kindergarten and I was pregnant with this little girl.

an oldie for sure 


But enough of this gushy stuff.  Last week, I posted about my incredible Tommie Copper compression shorts review and one of the possible entries was to run a virtual race to squeeze in a run (or many) before the start of school.  I know school has started already in many parts of the country, but believe it or not, there are a lot of schools that haven't even started in Maine!  

Four lovely ladies shared their post run pictures.    Thank you, ladies!

Jess - showing off the beautiful mist in the
 field after her 9 mile run 

Weez - with her post run glow and Gatorade!

Stacy - sweating it up in her basement
& rocking to some tunes (probably to block out the kids)  

Solana - after her Color Me Rad 5K 

I love to see the runners high.  It's contagious, isn't it?  Makes me want to head out for another run.

Comments

  1. Happy 1st week of school to you all. You don't look old enough to have a 4th grader. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! I am 35 - so I'm definitely old enough to have a 9 year old!

      Delete
  2. Hahahah~ I never expected to see my picture on there! And I agree with Robinbb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, Tucker is tall!

    Running fever is so contagious! :) Can't wait for my hip to stop being a pain so I can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tall one is my nephew!!!! & he's 6 months younger than Tucker. I think Jackson was born taller than Tucker.....thinking back.....

      Delete
  4. such cute first day of school pics! love it!! tucker is one of my favorite boy names lol! all the pics of awesome fun races definitely makes me want to sign on for one!! spa love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tucker is a great boy name. There are not a lot of them. Since I'm a teacher - there were a lot of names that we could NOT name him!!!

      Delete
  5. Hope you all have a great first week of school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a new fourth grader too. They have a separate school for 4th and 5th grade, so it feels even more grown up. Cry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like my run picture so much I made it my blogger profile pic (I was previously with out picture) That was such a great run, and looking at it brings it back immediately. I'll have to start taking more pictures when I run. Also, props to Staci! I've done the treadmill 3 times in the past week and her basement looks about as inviting as mine! I NEVER have a smile on my face when I'm down there! I'll have to work on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Or...Stacy (whoops! I have my spell check set to switch it to an I so when I talk about my friend it's spelled right! Sorry Stacy!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, these photos are adorable! Crazy to think that the girls will be starting kindergarten before we know it. I hope your first week was awesome! My post run photo is pathetic, but I was listening to Pandora while running so it wasn't all bad. Jess, my basement is NOT inviting at all...and it was hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS crazy!!!! I think Izzy is going to Pre K next year. Now THAT is going to be hard!!!! She'll have to take the bus! So far, so good. But it's just the beginning. We all know the honeymoon period will end......it's just a matter of when. Probably Tuesday! :) Oh yay! I DO have to download Pandora onto my iPhone for my run tomorrow!!!!

      Delete
  10. Have a great time back at school! I go back on Monday, yes we actually start on Labor Day but only for one more year. Next year we are changing to semesters to be like all other colleges out there (right now we are quarters).

    Love all of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww...Monday? Sorry. Have a great time. & that is funny about going to semesters! My new school goes by semesters to mirror colleges! Ha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway