One Lovely Blog

I was just nominated TWICE by two lovely women for the One Lovely Blog Award.


Amy @ Running Escapades is a New Englander, a teacher, and she's coming to Maine to run Beach to Beacon this summer.   


Lisa @ Run Wiki - who is one tough momma going to run the Northface Endurance 50K this weekend.      







The One Lovely Blog Award is a "pay it forward" kind of way to recognize your favorite blogs. 

Here are the rules:

1. Post the award logo and and picture on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers who you think deserve the award.
4. Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them him/her they have been nominated.

Here are my 7 things - 

1. I've never flown in a plane & really don't plan on it (ever).
2. Right now I have more pimples on my face then I really care to admit.  I'm 35, not 16!  Geez.  I think I'm falling apart.  
3. I just started working at a local gym and it is the greatest job ever.   Where else can I get in a workout (working on the guns) and get paid?  
4. 9.5 more school days!   Of course I am teaching summer school, but that is only 2 days a week, 3.5 hrs a day, for 5 weeks.  A little extra money and a great way to meet my new kids for next year.  The rest of the time I'll be at the beach, gardening, or running.  
5.  I still haven't gotten that 26.2 tattoo.  I need to make it a priority to get to the tattoo studio and get it done.  I think the reason why I haven't done it yet is because I wanted it on my foot, which means healing and also means not wearing running shoes = not running.  Perhaps I need to rethink where this tattoo is going.  Or I should just suck it up, get the tattoo and take 2 days off.  I'm making it much harder than it needs to be.  
6.  I finally finished the Hunger Games Trilogy.  Now I will probably sulk for a few years after because I won't be able to find a book that will meet my needs - just like I did after I read the Twilight Series.  I know, I have junior high taste in reading and I am okay with that. 
7. Lately I have been only wearing sports bras - to work, around the house, shopping, running (of course).  I've decided that it is much more convenient to wear it because it means I have one less thing to change into before going for a run.  Ward's not impressed because I'm sporting the "flat look".  I think he'll just have to get over it.  


And now, my nominees......

1.  Carrie @ Maine Mom on the Run
2.  Emily @ One Mom In Maine
3.  Danielle @ Ooh Breathe Just Breathe
7.  Amy, Christine & Jen @ Mainely Running 
9.  Gia @ Run Gia Run
11.  Jill @ Life With Scout
12.  Holly @ The Pioneer Apron 
13.  Jenny @ The Little J-Bird



Comments

  1. thanks!!! and i LOVE wearing sports bras. i actually have a bunch of the yoga like thin bras from gap that i wear all the time. whatever, im flat to begin with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this blog award! My first one! It sure cheered me up today.. thanks gf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally sulk after I finish a series too! Check out Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth--a good Hunger Games withdrawl book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that out! I really have a hard time getting over the end of a series...I'm actually not a huge fan of reading either. Sad isn't it? Especially since I teach kids how to read. But when I find a book I love, I dive right in.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much Jen! The gym job sounds FABU! And I have to agree with you about the sports bra things, I am finding more and more that on the days I plan to run after work, I wear my run bra to work... it's just easier (and it feels weird getting nekkid at work)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that for sure!!! I keep telling myself I wear them just in case I have a bolter at school and have to take off....it's how I justify the sporty look I have going there too....yet I've only had one bolter this year. I'm sure to have tons more next year though.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much, Jen! :)
    I have a foot tattoo!! It wasn't bad at all and it healed up pretty fast! Let me know if you have questions I can answer.
    My skin is really angry with me right now too. Have you found anything that helps because I haven't. :(
    So glad you're enjoying your gym job!
    Happy Weekend, girl!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have three little stars on my left foot - one for Tucker, one for Izzy and one for Ward...however, Tucker's has started to rub off. I need it touched up anyway. Maybe I didn't let it heal long enough or maybe it's just where his is and how shoes rub on me.

      At this time, Purpose and NEOcell seem to be working for me. I just want them to be gone! I'm so tired of this pimply look. I think I just need lots of sun and time at the beach....that will cure me! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks Jen! One, you own more than one Handful bra, I don't know what Ward is complaining about. Two, I think you should wait until October and we all go and get tattooed together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have three in fact! :) He says the "help" but is longing for those prerunning days when I was a D/DD. I told him I would have to gain back those 40+ lbs for him to enjoy those days again. Ha! Not happening.

      PS - I'll have to go back in October to get the 2nd star for the tattoo...I'm going to add a star for each marathon I run. We'll see how full my foot gets. :)

      Delete
  7. I have an insane fear of flying but an immense love of travel so I make myself get on the plane. But I have anxiety leading up to any trip!

    And I totally agree about sports bras :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some day I'll fly....but then again, maybe not!

      Delete
  8. Oh you gotta get on that tattoo! I am not a fan of flying at all, but it sure gets you where you need to be faster than driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Someday I want to run a Disney half or full...with my sister-in-law - the only problem is that she'll be there waiting for me for like a week before I show up because she'll fly and I'll be driving! Not really a week, but it will sure feel like it! & yes - tattoo is #1 on my list for this summer.

      Delete
  9. Maybe we can meet up for a run tho summer & then hang out at the beach?? Two of my favorite things =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in sports bras too. At least until I get my workout in for the day.

    I can't imagine not flying. I don't enjoy it, but I love to visit new places too much not to (not to mention living a 14 hour drive from my family...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ewww...14 hr drive is bad. My family is an 8 hr drive. It's bad but doable.

      Delete
  11. Thank you! You're so sweet! I'm in the SAME boat about the tattoo! I'm thinking about getting mine on my ankle...you probably could get it on your foot, take a day off and then just put some medical padding and tape it up really well to avoid getting an infection and then make sure you clean it really well post-run. Alternatively, you could do it after your next big race when you'll be taking a few days off anyway. Let's all go get 26.2 tattoos after MDI =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking I'll take the plunge for the tat just after school gets out...... :) But in October I'll be adding another star to the tat (1 star for every marathon) - so I'll have to go in for another one anyway! :)

      Delete
  12. I just started working at a gym, too (spinning instructor) - isn't it amazing to get paid to do what you love? :) And I've been living in my sports bras, too... have you tried the Handful bra? A little extra padding is helpful for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes- I have 3 and I rotate through them often. :) I do love them. I wish I was an instructor of sorts. Maybe someday!

      Delete
  13. Is there a reason you don't ever want to fly? I love traveling, so flying is kind of a must! I have pimples too and it sucks having adult acne! I'm 25, this shouldn't be happening! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terribly scared of heights. & no, adult acne should not be happening!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the tag! I'll work on it this weekend in this crappy weather we are having.

    You need to get on a plane! You can go so many more places without all that awful driving. It's not bad, really.

    I had the pimple thing too and it was for about a year and now I'm back to regular. But getting old does suck....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will....fly...someday. I'm just a big wimp when it comes to that. Good to know about the pimples. ..I really want mine to go away!

      Delete
  15. Thank you for nominating me! I am going to get to this sometime this week since so many people nominated me!

    When Mike and I finish our Ironman we are going to get tattoos :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!