Spicy Slaw

It's summer (yay!) and I've been craving a sweet and savory kind of cole slaw for a few days now.  I love the fresh, crispness of a just made slaw and I find it incredibly filling.  Yesterday when I was at the grocery store I grabbed one of my favorite pre-shredded slaw mixes - with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and red cabbage.   


But what I forgot to get was my favorite dressing.   Desperate to figure something out with what I had on hand, I whipped together a quick little dressing that really pleased me.  It was light, sweet, hot.  Perfect.  



My secret ingredient.  Actually, this "find" is turning into my secret ingredient in quite a few items lately.  I don't know what I did without this jar of hotness before.  


And since the kids didn't want any and Ward was at work, I was sure to enjoy every last bit of it at dinner tonight.  Yes.  It was that good.  

quite satisfying and I didn't have to share at all

Spicy Slaw Recipe
  • 1 Bag of pre-shredded slaw mix (or if you really want to, shred up you favorite mixture) 
  • 1/4 c red wine vinegar
  • 1/8 c olive oil
  • 1/8 c brown sugar
  • couple of dabs (or more) of hot chili sauce 
Mix up wet ingredients with sugar and pour over the slaw mix.  



Comments

  1. I love spicy stuff and this sounds fabulous!!! I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara - the sauce is SOOO much cheaper at Target. :) & I just added it to mayo. OH MY WORD!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm...that sounds delicious. I love slaw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm. little known me fact? IVE NEVER EATEN SLAW!!!
    could it be time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that chili sauce! I have some in my fridge! Mmmm!

    Your recipe sounds yummy and spicehhhhhhhhh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm I'm currenyl obsessed with slaw (after discovering it's deliciousness 23 years later), so this will definitely spice up the regular ole slaw routine i've fallen into

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me quite a long time to find it and love it too!!!! Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. Oh yum and I just happened to pick up a bag of that slaw yesterday. How convenient for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy! Might have to steal it for my new to us recipe for last week or this week. We are behind again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I nope you love it too!!! & why can't I visit your blog? I get this weird Reddit (or something like that) page. :(

      Delete
  9. In love with this. Spicy with a hint of sweetness is great. And I just low slaws in summer. So crisp and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love Sriracha. I will definitely have to make this. It sounds delicious - thank you for sharing your recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm I love slaw and I like not having to share it either! Thanks for sharing and now I am wishing I had some cabbage in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, that sounds so yummy. I'll be picking up some slaw and the sauce tomorrow when I hit the store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of making coleslaw spicy...this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this. Gotta give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!