Move It Monday!

Good morning and Happy First Day of Fall.  Oh and it's the husband's birthday.  



Happy 40th birthday, Ward!   

While I LOVE summer - for many, many reasons, fall comes in a close 2nd.  The crisp air, cooler mornings, gorgeous changing leaves, pumpkin and apple everything.  

homemade apple cider is the best!  

Marathon training is getting a bit challenging with crazy work and kid schedules, but I'm getting it done!  Even if I have to split up my runs and do a couple of 2-a-days...I'm getting them done!  



In order to get in my run in the morning, I have to run in the pitch black.   I could drive to the gym.  I know.  But I'm trying my best to maximize my sleep as well...because rest is important too!  I'm saving 30+ minutes by not driving to the gym...which means a little more sleep and more mileage.   Maybe someday I'll have my own treadmill, but until then, I'm going to have to suck it up and get out there!  


In addition to some 2-a-day's, I've also been using a new Wahoo TICKERx Heart Rate monitor, especially on my speed days, to make sure I'm pushing myself.  



The instant feedback is something I love.   With the built in GPS, I get the pleasure of tracked mileage and heart rate feedback in one app.  


I thought it was super cook to see that you could also have phone free workouts.  Just double tap the heart rate monitor itself to start, and tap when you finish.  Then the TICKRx will share the data via bluetooth with your phone when you get back to your phone.  I honestly haven't tried this part because I always have my phone with me for safety and selfie reasons.  



Another great feature of the TICKRx is that you can calibrate it for treadmill workouts.  I was absolutely AMAZED at how accurate it is.  

screenshot of post-treadmill run



 My speed workouts will never be the same!  Now I'm addicted to the TICKRx and seeing how much I"m pushing myself to that next level is even more exciting!

screenshot of what I see during a run


I also have the app programmed to give me verbal feedback - time, miles, pace, average heart rate at each mile.  




Since I run with my phone anyway, the TICKRx is perfect for me!  It pairs up immediately with the phone, absolutely zero issues!  




Another great feature, is that the TICKRx isn't just for running.  It's for all cardio and strength.  Yup!   Read about my jumprope workout and TICKRx here.  

What do you look for in a heart rate monitor?  I love the versatility and ease of use with the TICKRx. No lengthy directions.  Just snap it on just below the sports bra, sync with your phone and GO!  As easy as 1,2,3!  

disclaimer: I was sent a TICKRx for the purpose of a review.  I was not required to give a positive review.  As always, all opinions expressed on my blog are 100% my own.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!