12 Years Ago....

It was Christmas Eve, 12 years ago and I said yes.  Actually, at first, I said no, but within moments that no turned to yes.

Let's rewind,  Jill, Wade, Ward, and I used to live together in a cute house in Days Ferry.  An adorable community in Woolwich, Maine.   I had just gotten back to our house, when I saw Ward, Jill and Wade getting in the car and driving off.  I tried to catch them, but I was too late.  Anyway, I called Ward and some not so pleasant words were exchanged.  I wasn't happy.

The three of them were on their way to Freeport to do some shopping before our dinner with Ward and Wade's parents.  Needless to say, I showed up to dinner with Ward and Wade's parents, alone.  Jill, Wade, and Ward showed up a little later.  When they arrived at the restaurant, the three of them just stared at Ward's cell phone.  A little odd, but oh well.  I was still mad.

Then the phone rang.  And all three of them jumped up.  Crazy.  Yes.

Later on, after dinner, we went to Ward and Wade's parents house.  It was then when Ward proposed to me.  After I said yes, he then explained that we needed to go to the Freeport Police Station to get my engagement ring.

..... so here's the story......


While Ward, Wade, and Jill were driving to Freeport and I was calling him and yelling at him on the phone for ditching me, he was showing Jill the engagement ring he had bought and sat it on his lap.  Then when they arrived in Freeport, he got out of the car. They went shopping at LL Bean and then Ward saw someone he knew and told them he was going to propose and went to pull out the ring and it was gone.   It fell off his lap when he got out of the car!!!

After contacting security and searching the store and contacting the Freeport Police Station, they realized they needed to get going to dinner.  Where I was sitting with his parents, fuming, that he was late, again!

Apparently during dinner, the police called (that's why they all jumped up when the phone rang), and said some super nice gentleman turned in the ring.

So, after I said yes, Ward and I had to make a trip to the Freeport Police Station.  It was an incredibly romantic moment when the woman behind the glass slipped my ring under the glass and Ward put the ring on my finger.  Yes, it all began at a police station.



Wow, I cannot believe it's been 12 years!  

Comments

  1. Lovely story. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story!! I too got engaged on Christmas eve :) merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this engagement story! :) What an awesome start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has got to be one of the best engagement stories I have read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you shared your story...you have to admit, it's a great one! Merry Christmas friend!!! Xoxo to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an incredible story! I am so glad that you were able to get the ring back! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story~ One to remember! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a story! So crazy! Definitely a memorable one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy story! I'll bet they all nearly had a heart attack when the ring was recovered. Crazy memories like this are definitely part of what weave the fabric of our lives. My husband proposed on his knee in a gravel parking lot of the church where we first met. And I asked him "What are you doing?" Until I realized and started hyperventilating - not listening to the long speech he had prepared. Oh, and I had been mad when he refused to go to a movie and wanted to "just go for a drive". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an awesome story! Engagements are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwww, that's so beautiful :) I absolutely love it! Congrats on 12 years in 2012 :D Hope you had a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great story! I love that you said no at first and was mad at him for ditching you. Glad you did say yes eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great story! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!