Time for a Change

I need to be honest.  I've been packing on the pounds and it seriously frustrates me.  I've packed on a good 15 pounds in the past couple of years.... 8 of them being this summer.  






This summer my body has been going through some weird ass changes.  It doesn't matter how much I run, what I eat/don't eat, I just keep gaining weight.  This seriously pisses me off.  I don't like the way my clothing fits at all.    Also, extra weight on the body makes asthmatic symptoms increase.  Blah.  Not cool!   I don't understand why.  I've had my thyroid tested.  Negative.  Could it be that I'm nearing 40?  But there are so many women out there that are 40+ who aren't packing on the pounds like I am.  Time for a change!

this is to keep it real....

This week I started a detox with my friend, Kristy, to see where it takes me.  To me, detox used to mean starvation.  It scared the crap out of me.    Basically, I'm cutting out dairy, gluten, and high sugar foods.  It's a very clean eating approach.   The downside --- no coffee.   The upside --- green tea and I love green tea.    My starting weight on Monday is above.  I'd like to see where the Arbonne Detox takes me.  4 days in, I'm not hungry.  I have lots of energy and I'm down 2 lbs. 


lots of smoothies in my future....which I LOVE!  

Drinking my smoothies in my Boston cup gives me the motivation to drop this weight and train harder because I seriously want to to get back to Boston as a qualifier this time!  

Talk to me!  Have you done a detox before?  Could you give up coffee?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!