5 Steps toward Recovery

If you keep going and going, eventually your body is going to put on the breaks.  Somehow, someway, it will definitely tell you to rest.  Sometimes it's through an illness or an injury.  Perhaps it's sore/tired muscles or exhaustion.  Listening to your body is hard.  For one, it doesn't talk.  You need to learn the signs and do what is best for you!   



Over the years, I've become injured, gotten sick, been sore.... and so tired.  Yes, all of the signs.  It's taken a long time to learn the little things about how my body tells me it's time to recover. In the process, I've also learned a few tricks along the way.  



1.  Recovery Shakes.  
They are my friend.  For me, I know that I need to refuel after a long run with protein.  It helps me to rebuild those muscles that just got beaten down by that long run and helps to replenish all of the other nutrients my body needs to recover and go on.  I've tried so many different types of shakes/protein powders over the years.  Some of my favorites are Bob's Red Mill, Amazing Grass, Premier Protein and Arbonne.    Not one protein powder or shake is the best ever.  You need to figure out what you like.  

even with your dog on your


2.  Rest.  
Rest is important.  It's actually a necessary part of the plan.  Remember to give your body that much needed rest and get plenty of sleep! 


hydrate!!!  


3.  Hydration.  
I know from personal experience, I feel sluggish when I do not hydrate properly.  Depending on the distance/temperature/etc, I bring water along with me.  But that doesn't happen all of the time.  However, I do always drink water, and plenty of it after a run or workout.  I often times add SOS Rehydrate to my water as well, which increases rehydration.  




4.  Compression Gear.
I love compression gear.  I may be slightly obsessed actually.  However, I am a strong believer in what compression gear does for your body after a workout or whenever you are feeling sore/not yourself.  Tommie Copper has a fabulous line of clothing and accessories made for people with a huge variety of needs - whether it's medical or due to an injury or sports recovery or just to look good, Tommie Copper has plenty of options!  



One thing I notice that hurts the most when I come back from a long run is tired and sore glutes and quads.  I have fallen in love with coming home, rehydrating, drinking my protein shake... showering and then slipping on these Tommie Copper Women Shaping Compression Leggings.  Not only are they super comfortable, comfortable enough to wear all day long, they provide me with the support and compression I need in my glutes and quads.  AND they look amazing.  If you swing over to Tommie Copper, you can 




I don't normally wear the Women's Compression Camisole after running, I just love the way it feels and looks.  The adjustable straps make this camisole incredibly versatile and flattering.  I love to wear it layered and alone.  

stylin' with my sleeves and flip flops... but my arches are happy!


As my mileage increases, my arches begin to ache from time to time.  I once battled Plantar Fasciitis and never ever want to go back there again!  So I'm pleased to have the Women's Compression Recovery Ankle Sleeves to put on whenever I feel any little twinge... at all!


Sign up for newsletters on the Tommie Copper website and receive 15% your order.    For more information regarding Tommie Copper and to follow all of great pieces of compression gear they offer, follow Tommie Copper on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.


Disclosure:  I received the above mentioned products to try out and review.  I was not required to write a positive post.  As always, the opinions I express on my blog are 100% my own.  






SaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!