WTF

I thought my bad luck in scheduling races in bad, snowy weather was behind me.  At least we got a break from snow from April to now.  

Remember last year's January Thaw 4.5 miler?  Maine got hit with a blizzard the day before.....




THEN, the Midwinter Classic was postponed, then cancelled due to blizzards last February.





The good news for the Mid Winter Classic is that my 
registration for last year can be applied to the 2012 Race!  I am so pumped about this.  

My March race actually went well...blue skies, great running weather.  



And we all remember the April Fool's Day Storm that came the day before the Race 
The Runways 1/2 Marathon....

family fun on April 1st, 2011

Race The Runways Inaugural 1/2 Marathon
April 2, 2011


So, imagine my surprise when I checked the weather for this weekend and I get this....



Now I need to revamp my costume - I was going to wear black spandex short, my racing flats, and a short sleeved shirt to run in.  Since the flakes will be flying from tonight around 7 pm until noonish tomorrow, I'm thinking not so much.  Time to change my plans!  

I was worried that the race might be cancelled because who in the world is thinking about snow impacting a race in October, then I saw this on the race website.  





Powered by Disqus

Comments

  1. Yeah, what's up with you and extreme weather conditions at races?!? Not snow, but the high humidity at the B2B and torrential downpour at the ME Marathon come to mind. At least it looks great for next Saturday! Unless you and Mother Nature have something hidden up your sleeves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I sign up - there is sure to be some kind of weather issue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, it's currently pouring and in the 40s... and I'm running the Marine Corps tomorrow! aaaaack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for no rain or snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a year for racing! Bundle up today. Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway