3 things & a WINNER




  1. Yesterday morning, I ran in shorts and came home dripping in sweat and this morning, I had to run in full length tights and a winter-weight shirt & barely warmed up before I got home.  Brr….Also, yesterday on my run, I heard too many gunshots.  I know I live in the woods.  I know it’s hunting season.  And I know I need to adjust or get over it, but it’s still unnerving to be out there running and hearing gunshots.  If it bothers me so much, I should just drive to the rail trail and run, right?  That is one solution, OR I could just go to Reny’s and buy these for my runs:

I'm sexy and I know it.


Yep, that is what I was sporting on this morning’s run.  Sexy, huh?   By the way, I saw 3 men in hunting gear walking down the road today with their big guns.  Awesome.  Tomorrow’s run is on the rail trail for sure with the girls. 

  1. Last night I made some yummy semi-homemade Apple Danishes. 


Recipe:
Slightly modified recipe from allrecipes.com
Apple Danish

4 apples – peeled/cored/sliced
½ c brown sugar
4 tbs butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can of crescent rolls

Glaze - confectioner sugar mixed with 1 tbs almond milk 


  1. peel/core/slice apples, add to skillet, add brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon – cook on low on the stove top until apples are soft and begin to mush
  2. roll out crescent rolls to triangle shape or if you want a larger danish, go ahead and make them into squares
  3. take a spoon and scoop small piles of apple mix into center of crescent rolls
  4. roll up sides of crescent rolls to seal it shut
  5. bake at 350 for 20 -25 minutes
horrible picture, but you get the point & obviously I didn't mix the sugar and milk too well
not pretty - but tasty for sure


  1. Another sign that winter is coming and a great joy of living in an old farm house, with a barn and fields all around – the mice are coming in.  We have the cat to help us out with the problem and he’s pretty good at it, but I think he’s been waiting to see what the mousetraps get and then he takes the mouse trap for a walk.  That is always a great find.  Every morning since Monday, I have had to empty the mousetrap.  I wonder if I buy 3 more traps, will I fill them every night? 
Old farmhouse - I cannot wait until my garden is blooming like that again!


And what you’ve been waiting for……..

The Handful Bra Winner





Congratulations, Boston Bound Brunette!  Email me at runningwiththegirls AT gmail.com.  If I don’t hear from you within a week’s time, I’ll choose another winner. 

Happy Saturday!  Gotta love a three day weekend.  The kids and I are heading to the playground and then a walk downtown for something yummy to eat. 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed your post this morning. I used to live where there was hunting in the Fall and always made sure to be highly visible as a PERSON when walking or running in the woods.

    That apple Danish looks great. I am copying that recipe. Thanks.

    You house is lovely. No wonder the little field mice want to come in when it gets cold!

    Have a great weekend!

    And congrats to your winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orange! I have a hat only, I should look at getting more, but I mostly run on roads along open fields during hunting season and we really don't have that many hunters so I don't worry about it too much

    I hate mice! I love the house though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ran up in skowhegan today and made sure that i wore my 2010 MDI jacket that is hunter orange! wouldnt want someone to mistake me for a deer haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that I won! I am emailing you now!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet words about the house - the pic is taken from the "finished" view. Someday I may do the tour of "almost finished" around our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Sandy for the Handful win - those bras are fantastic! I worry about hunters around here too...I even hear the shots from my house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!