Woah Nelly!




Can you say I.C.Y.? 

The foot of snow we got on Wednesday was enough, but we’ve have some pretty nice 50 degree days, which = melting.  Not bad, but then the temps have been dropping down in the 20’s at night, which = freezing.  Put that together and we get one icy, crazy 10 mile run this morning.  Running on ice changes my entire form and throws me off – especially for the first few runs.  The girls and I had some great spots and a clear path on the rail trail and then some parts that were so bad we just “skated” through them, bracing ourselves to not fall.  By mile 9, I looked at Jill and said “my ass hurts”.  I came home, showered, took some ibuprophen and pulled on my Aspaeris compression shorts.  They are definitely what my glutes and hamstrings need after this morning’s challenge of a run.

After the run, I went in the woods with the kids and my brother-in-law to cut down a Christmas Tree.   You see, we are lucky like that.  My in-laws own the land across the street and fortunately there is a pretty good selection of trees over there free for the cutting.  Well, for us anyway.  In all honesty, Wade cut the trees down and I hung out with the kids and took pictures.  (Thank you, Wade!). 









The tree isn’t perfect, but I love trees with character.  (and free)

I have some incredible news to share with you all.  On Friday I found out that I was selected to be one of the newest FitFluential Ambassadors. 



Just in case you don’t know what FitFluential is, it’s a growing family of fitness fanatics spreading a positive healthy message year-round. 

I cannot wait to see where this new road leads me. 


And (while not as exciting as the FitFluential news) but still cool, I received my winnings from Running Diva Mom on Wednesday.



Hint Water is actually pretty tasty.  It doesn't have a strong flavor to it at all, which I like.  I do have to say, it tastes way better when ice cold.  My favorite was the Pomegranate Tangerine.  Too bad it's not sold locally.


Can you believe it’s Sunday night already?  While I love sitting down watching the Patriots with the husband, I am dreading going back to school tomorrow.  Is it sad that I’ve counted out how many days we have until summer?  117 more days. Pathetic.  I know.  

Comments

  1. Cool beans about the Fit Fluential thing, I just heard about that today some where else. Thanks SO much for your response about your asthma, I guess I'll encourage him to continue running but just start small. Great advice. :) Jessica

    runningtobeskinny.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like a great overall weekend for you! Congrats on FitFluential - it's very exciting to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, fellow Maine ambassador! Yeay! And what a great snowy weekend with the tree and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOVE Texas but miss the snow of my east coast home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel guilty about counting down the days until summer. My husband is a teacher too and he was just saying counting down the days until Christmas break and then again until summer. I guess it's just something teachers do. Great pictures by the way! www.dashingdiva.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tree! :) Congrats on the Fit Fluential. Well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures of the tree! Congrats on FitFluential!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoah, I can't believe you already have that much snow and ice…and that you did a 10 miler in it! Congrats on FitFluential - I just got accepted too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being a FitFluential Ambassador! Woohoo :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!