#cathe ROCKS!

Marathon training takes up quite a bit of time.  When I'm not working or taking care of the kids, I'm usually running, sleeping, or eating.  This doesn't leave a whole lot of time to do other things - like biking or cross training dvds.  I've had a few opportunities to try out my newest Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast, but never the entire dvd at one time.



Today, I had an entire hour to do the entire dvd and I am sore.  I great sore for sure.   I thought the Cardio Leg Blast was perfect for me, to build more strength in my legs to make me a stronger, hopefully faster runner.  I'm thinking if I stick to this dvd, I will definitely, without a doubt, be a stronger, faster runner.  Cathe's dvd is an upbeat, challenging workout that left me feeling even stronger.



I will note that I didn't have all of the equipment that was listed as needed - so I just improvised.  Instead of the risers, I pulled out a low bench that we have.  It wasn't perfect, but worked well enough.  And I didn't have the Firewalker Loop - which looked like a big elastic band to put around your ankles.  I just went through the motions without the loop.  Maybe I'll get one in the future, but for now, I'm good.




PROS
- warm up really warmed up the muscles
- the workout itself was 41 minutes (and 15 seconds) - and was jam packed
- the main menu allows you to pick and choose workouts from the dvd if you are short on time, which is what I've been doing up until today
- the bonus workout at the end are so intense!  The 12:30 core workout is so intense, I've only made it to 8 minutes.  My goal is to get through the entire 12:30.
- Cathe also has two 100 rep challenges in the end - and I love them!  So intense.  And I can do them without the dvd

CON
- equipment that was needed are not always things that people have at home - like the Firewalker Loop and Step with 3 Risers.

Cathe has several lines of dvd's you should check out.  The next one I want to try is her Stretch/Yoga dvd.  Check out the selection here.

Disclaimer:  I was provided this DVD to review through FitFluential.  All opinions expressed in my blog are 100% my own.  

Comments

  1. sounds like an awesome dvd. I love workout dvds. I'm an at home worker-outer so a good solid strength DVD is a must. You breasts look super muscular....I know I'm a perv, but just know I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you already know I adore Cathe and am loving this series. Do you have a resistance band at all? I just tie mine around my leg. And if you don't have the glider things for the other workouts - paper plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome!! I need to start getting my weight training on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such great things about this workout! Don't you love a good sweatfest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree great DVDs but if you don't have the equipment (mine needed stuff that we didn't have) you don't get the full benefit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!