I'm Back!

I didn't go anywhere.  I wish.  But I've had a fever since Friday and my last run was Friday morning.  I was scheduled to run 7 easy miles and I was only able to manage 5 painful, dizzy, miles.   I felt off for the rest of the day, I thought perhaps I was feeling off maybe due to the excitement of getting into those awesome races.  But Friday night it finally dawned on me that I felt flush and had been feeling rather flush all day.  So I took my temperature and that darned thermometer read 102F!  Grrrrr.....

Because I am getting better at listening to my body, I heard it loud and clear with a temp, so I didn't run on Saturday or Sunday.  I rested, took care of myself, hydrated, ate, took medicine, but yet my temp stayed between 101 and 102.  I stayed home from school yesterday, and still didn't feel better.

Today, Maine got hit by a snow storm which meant a bonus day off for me and the rest of the state.  But by 10 am, I was feeling awesome and dying to get in a run.  I wasn't about to run out in the snow storm because the wind was quite brutal and I wasn't about to get ice pellets in the eyes again.  So, I made, sweet talked Ward, into joining me at the gym for a short run.  He made me promise I wouldn't go crazy on my first day back.  So we agreed on 3 miles.




3 miles felt perfect.  I wanted to continue to run but I knew it wouldn't be in my best interest knowing I was just getting back to my normal self.

 also need to mention - my new Mizuno Wave Evo Cursoris came on Saturday and it took all the strength I had to not go out for a run in them.  Of course I've worn them every single day since them, just walking around and dreaming about what it would be like to run in them.  Today I lived that dream.  They felt fabulous.  So soft and cushy, more cushioning that I ever imagined being in a super lightweight, zero drop shoe.  They definitely made a great first impression.  I plan on getting in many more runs in these shoes.

I am a little sad that I missed on some training runs, but in the grand scheme of things, missing 3 days isn't going to be detrimental to my race.  In reality, if I had pushed myself to do those runs, I would have done more damage and I'd probably still be sick.  




On the funny side, as we arrived in the parking lot to the gym, Ward realized he had forgotten his running shoes at home.  He was wearing huge winter boots, so running in those was not going to happen.  I suggested he go back home and get his shoes, but he refused.  He found his old (probably 7 year old) Crocs in the back of the car.  And because I told him he was silly for thinking he could run in them, he felt the need to prove me wrong.  He asked Ron at the gym for some rubber bands and got creative.

or just desperate.....



What is the craziest footwear you've ever worn to run in?  I don't think I could ever run in Crocs.

Comments

  1. Glad you are feeling better! I can't believe Ward ran in those, how did he NOT get blisters?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the crocs are hilarious!!!

    Sorry to hear of sickness & missed runs. I feel your pain from a week or so ago, and can tell you with confidence that you are sure to have done the right thing.

    I opted out of running in the storm today too. I'm so done with Winter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sick as dog needed to read this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad my husband isn't the only one that wears crocs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tara M I cannot believe he didn't get blister either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lisa Thank you, Lisa! I definitely feel that I made the right choice. Small head cold - no worries. Fever - I worry! Rest is best in this case. And I feel 100% Now I have to go back to work tomorrow. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are feeling better and that the Cursoris worked out for you so far! Seriously, Ward...first man-capris and now crocs with rubber bands...that man has incredible fashion sense. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ward is hilarious!I don't think I have ever ran in anything other than my running shoes! Glad that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a crafty guy that Ward is!!! I've never run in anything crazy...let alone a pair of jacked up Crocs! I'm glad you're feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, can't believe Ward ran in Crocs! That's awesome.

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I love ward! and great thinking. Once I ran 1 mile in flipflops. It was hard, but very doable ;)

    YAY for 3 miles. I finally got 4 in after not running for 3 weeks YIKES....I hope to do 6 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've probably run in flip flops, not very far. And maybe flippers (for swimming), and not very far either haha.

    I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!