Move It Monday

Happy Monday!  5 more Mondays until Summer Break!  

I hope all of the moms out there had a fabulous Mother's Day!  I enjoyed a low key, restful day hanging out with the kids.  Prior to leaving for Ragnar, Ward had asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, knowing I would be returning home either super late Saturday evening or incredibly earlier Sunday morning.  I told him it would be the best Mother's Day if I came home to a clean house and was able to just rest and hang out on Sunday.  





Let me tell you, a relaxing day of doing hardly anything, was perfect.  I loved hanging out with the kids.  Sadly, Ward had to work.  But I at least got to spend some time with him when he came home.  



I updated you last Wednesday with my workouts.  The only running I've done between then and now was Ragnar.  I logged 13 miles over those two days and only a few hours of sleep.  I took yesterday off completely.  Now today I'm back at it with a new plan.  

There's no time like right now to start something new.   Beginning today is my official Get My Rear in Gear plan.  I have scheduled week #1 with workouts and am going to be adding to this schedule as the week progresses.  

My goals?  
- Bye bye jiggly belly & hello stronger core
- Improved upper body (chest, arms, back) 
- Stronger legs - keeping away that knee injury!
- Faster half marathon time (goal sub 1:44 this year)

To make this happen, each day will have a Core, Strength, and Cardio workout.  The cardio will vary with easy runs, long runs, and speed/hill work.  My core and strength workouts will come from Melissa Bender as well as my own touches.   I've been on the whatever schedule for far too long and while I enjoyed it, I'm not getting any better.  In order to see some kind of improvement, I need to kick it up a notch.  


And as they say, abs are made in the kitchen.  I've been eating like I'm training for a marathon and then some.  As a result, I've packed on a few pounds.  So that's changing as well.  I'm trying out eMeals with a clean eating menu plan.  Love that! 

 So here it is!  Day 1.  Let's go!  I'm putting my #BESTFOOT forward


What are your goals?
  Do you seize the day and just start a new plan right away or do you 
wait for a Monday or a new month?  


Comments

  1. Good luck with the new programme. I must agree and when I get the urge to change a plan or start a plan I just do it, no matter what day of the week it is. I have however fallen spectacularly off the motivation train recently and started kicking my butt yesterday with a tough 9am Sunday morning spin class, no time like the present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a nice Mother's Day, some R & R is always a good thing.
    I can't see where those extra pounds went. I am the one that needs to lose a few poin ds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got some rest and relaxation on Mother's Day! I finally put myself on a more structured strength plan. It's crazy that I can make plans for others, but don't do so for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your goals! I need to stay focused too and stop eating sugar!! #bestfoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krysten @DarwinianFailMay 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM

    I love your goals. And I love that you had a relaxing Mother's Day. It all sounds pretty perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got in some rest!! You totally have these goals Jen!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!