Cinful Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars


Oatmeal!  I love it!  

I can eat this stuff all of the time.  Cold.  Hot. Oatmeal cookies.  Oatmeal bars.  Oatmeal just simply rocks.  


When I came across the opportunity to try out My Oatmeal, I jumped at it.   Have you ever "built" your own oatmeal?  To say this task was exciting is an understatement.  I built at least 20 different flavor combinations.  I couldn't make up my mind which one.    Finally, I settled on something I created called Cinful Cinnamon Bun made with Steel Cut Oatmeal





During the week, we don't have time to sit down for a family breakfast.  But I want to make sure my family has something packed full of vitamins and healthy foods to start off their day.  When my bag of custom built oatmeal came, I immediately went to work creating an oatmeal bar we could grab on the go in the morning.  Or just about anytime of day, really.  



And this is what I came up with:  

Cinful Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal Bars
2.5 cups cinful cinnamon oatmeal mix
0.5 cup almond milk
1 egg
5 Tbs honey
1 tsp salt

1.  Preheat oven to 450 F.  Mix the above ingredients in a bowl.  
2.  Line baking pan with parchment paper or tinfoil.  I was completely out of parchment paper, so I used tinfoil this time.  I did a quick spray with canola oil and then pressed the mixture onto the pan to about 1/2 thick.  
3.  Bake at 450F for 20 minutes or until the top slightly browns on the top.  
4.  Let cool and cut into bars or square.  Eat and enjoy.  



Disclaimer:  FitApproach and My Oatmeal provided my first package of custom oatmeal for this review.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!