Final Thoughts


Thinking back to this past week of the Clean Food Challenge, as I drink my coffee with sugar (in the raw) and creamer, I realize it was the perfect time for a detox.  I found myself so caught up in the challenge and what I was going to eat, while pumping my body full of good-for-you foods, I almost forgot about the half marathon on Sunday. 

The last two times I’ve tapered prior to a half, I drove myself crazy and my family crazy.  All I wanted to do was run.  This week, I didn’t really care to run. I only logged 6.5 miles this week.  Really?  I did bike one day and I’ve done my yoga sequences. Was it the CFC? Or was my body really ready to rest – I mean, we’ve been training for one big race or another since December. 

My calves have been achy this week as well.  I am sure they are telling me two things – get new shoes and rest.  Rest – check.  I did order new shoes, they came, didn’t feel right, so I returned them yesterday.  I was being lazy.  I tried on Jill’s Saucony Guide 4’s, liked the way they felt and ordered them on Amazon.  I had a few Amazon gift certificates, so I thought I’d put them to good use.  What I did wrong was try on shoes that Jill’s been running in and are broken in and I don’t usually wear Sauconys.  I have had good luck with New Balance and Asics.  So why didn’t I buy them?  I am not sure.  My plan for new shoes is to wait until the LL Bean 4th of July 10K and see which New Balance shoes we get.  If those don’t work, then I’ll probably head off to Maine Running Company and get fitted again. 

In addition to the fact that the CFC challenge was fabulous for filling my body with good calories, I also lost weight.  The scale read 129 this morning – so that’s a 3 lb loss.  I wasn’t trying to lose weight, and I didn’t think I was going to because I felt as though I ate all day long AND I didn’t run a lot either.  I’ll take it.  I’m sure I’ll gain it all back tonight when the girls and I head out to Joyce’s or Slate’s for dinner tonight.  We’re celebrating Stacy’s birthday, only 2 months late.  Looking forward to an awesome night with the girls!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!