First Day of CFC!

Okay folks, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I think the hardest part was having to drive past Starbucks this morning on my way to school (last day!).   Oh and when I went to Reny's and the cashier gave me 2 free chocolate bars - one of which was a dark chocolate bar.  Tempting, very tempting.

Anyway, Jill and I started off with a teacher breakfast.  It looked fabulous.  Great french toast casseroles, sausage and egg casseroles, quiches, and TONS of fruit salads.  We both had ourself a plate full of fruit salad and Mary brought us some jasmine tea.  (I forgot to mention, Mary is joining us too in this challenge! Yay, Mary!)  The delicious food was proceeded by many goodbyes to staff members who are leaving for a variety of reasons.  I was one of those staff members - as I'll be going to HBS this fall.  That part of the breakfast was a bit emotional, but at least I didn't have a meltdown.  (I waited until I got back to my room.) 

Here is what I ate today:  
Breakfast 
Green Smoothie, coffee with almond milk and agave
Fruit Salad
Banana

Lunch
Spaghetti squash with black beans and tomatoes

Snacks
Raw almonds and dried cranberries
Trader Joes Roasted Seaweed
Apricot

Dinner
Brown Rice Pasta with pac choi, spinach, tomatoes, onions, and black beans (really wanted feta with this, but I held strong!)



Snack
Raw almonds and dates  
Strawberries

Water Consumption
96 oz of water (3 nalgene bottles) - not a gallon (5 nalgene bottles worth) - tomorrow I'll try for 4!  

My thoughts - not bad.  I do love all the food options.  What I missed most were: numerous coffees, cheese, and chips.  Tomorrow I'll make Kale Chips because they usually get me through chip cravings.  Oh and I missed eggs.  I love eggs and have plenty of those around here.   Why are they not clean?  Does anyone know?  

Anyway, good night all!!!  Tomorrow - day 2 of CFC and a big yard sale here.  Fun times.

Comments

  1. Jen! you can eat eggs! Sorry I didn't make that clear. Some people choose to make the cleanse vegan, but I eat eggs for breakfast sometimes during CFC. Good day one, for sure! I have a really hard time getting 5 bottles of water down, so just do you what you can do.

    Great job... and you have a head start on the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank goodness - I'm going to eat eggs all day today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!