Loving My New Shoes

Today was day 2 in trying out my new Merrell Pace Gloves. Actually, I've been wearing them to school the past 2 weeks, but I haven't run in them until yesterday.  

Run #1 was yesterday.  I took them out for the 1st mile of my 4-miler, came home changed into my Brooks St5's for the remaining 3.  I really could have gone a little further in them yesterday, but I was still feeling a bit sore from B2B and didn't want to overdo it.  It was funny how I felt like my Brooks were so soft after the Merrells- they actually felt like pillows.  Other than the achy calves and quads I felt before the run, I didn't feel any ill-effects from run #1.  


Run #2.  I wasn't going to run today.  Today is scheduled to be a cross training/yoga day.  I did do my yoga, but I was feeling quite overwhelmed, so therapeutically I had to get out for a run.  I only went out for 3 miles and it wasn't a fast one.  But I did take the Merrells out again.  I know you are supposed to start out slowly with them and I don't want to overdo it.  But they are so much fun, so I just went for it!   While running, I felt great.  Not tightness or pains at all.  I am scheduled for a 7 mile run tomorrow, but I don't think I'll push my luck with the Merrells.  I think I'll save them for the next shorter run and stick with my Brooks for the longer runs.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!