What's For Dinner This Week?

Last week I missed out on the Menu Planning post and frankly, I needed that structure to get me through the week.  My mind was so wrapped up in MARATHON - I completely forgot to make sure I had food for my lunch.  This lead to quite a bit of yogurt and granola.  Yummy, yes.  But I can only handle this for so many meals.

I am a little late to the game this week - but better late than never, right?
So here's what we're having for dinner this week:



Yes - Sunday dinner was lobster (for me) and hotdogs for the kids.  Izzy did eat some of my lobster, but Tucker wanted nothing to do with it.  Fine!  More for me.  We had out-of-state relatives visiting, which usually means lobster!  Yay!  

Monday - (today) - was soccer practice night & I was on my own with the kids, which meant quick/easy dinner.  We always have plenty of eggs and that's always a winner at our house.  

Tuesday - Fish Tacos.  I buy some haddock from our local grocery store, cut it into strips, dip it into egg, then dip it into panko then bake in over at 450F for about 20 minutes (until the panko is crispy looking).  Then I serve it with taco shells/wraps and all of the other yummy taco fillings: tomatoes, black beans, cheese, mango salsa, sour cream.  The kids love homemade fish sticks and they love tacos - so this one is a win win!  

Wednesday - Crock Pot Sesame Chicken.  This one is an experiment I found on Pinterest.  We'll see how it turns out.  

Thursday - Sausage Kale Potato Soup.  Since it was a success last time, we're going for it again!  
& here's my recipe - 

- 8 cup of chicken stock
- 1 lb loose sweet sausage browned
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 lrg onion sauted with the sausage
-  5 or 6 potatoes - diced up and precooked in water - I drained them entirely from the water and then added to the stock. 

After the onion, sausage, and potatoes are all prepared, add it to the chicken stock and add in garlic.  Cook on low for about 30 minutes.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  




Friday - I'm looking for easy.  We usually do pizza, but I'm not feeling it this week, so waffles it is.  

Saturday - Izzy has been asking for "skettie" for awhile now and has declared Saturday as "skettie" day - so that's what we'll be enjoying Saturday.  


For breakfast - I'll be eating oatmeal w/ chia seeds, craisins and raisins and cashews or an omelet.  I like to switch it up.  

Lunch - I have salads prepared this week with tons of fruit to eat.   

What are your meal plans for the week?  


Comments

  1. We had lobster too last night. Bern pulled up his traps so we had plenty for dinner. We have salmon, lobster pie, and steak tips on the menu this week. We will eat potatoes or rice for he starch and I bought broccoli, spaghetti squash and asparagus for veggies. Friday we always eat out. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version of fish tacos! We just started making fish sticks that way, too... great idea to throw them into tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how the sesame chicken goes because my family usually likes that when we eat it out. I'd love an easy way to make it at home. I am STILL a total loser on the meal planning front. Had to throw out some produce I should have eaten instead of the crap I've been eating. Note to self: PLAN MEALS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually just wing it, I really should meal plan and take a little stress out of my day. Lobster sounds good I havent had that in a long long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to hear how the Sesame Chicken went?! Always looking for great Crockpot Meals

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had fish tacos but I think I'd love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you and your meal plans....I need to hire you :) I suck at prep, though miraculously I've been making dinner every night this week ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!