Runner's World Festival: The FOOD!

I run so I can eat....I also eat so I can run.  Obviously this makes sense to me.   And the people at Runner's World must agree with me.


To say they went all out with the food they served us would be an accurate statement.  The food was amazing!  Our Friday luncheon came straight out of the Meals on the Run cookbook.




Whole Grain Panzanella was a favorite of mine!  The recipe (in the book) makes 4 servings in 25 minutes and 352 calories.  






Bow-ties with Tomato, Basil, and Avocado Sauce. The recipe in the book makes 4 servings, 25 minutes, 485 calories.  Super easy, super delicious!




Mediterranean Turkey Burgers.  The recipe in the book makes 4 servings, 30 minutes, 463 calories.  I loved the sun-dried tomato spread the most!  


And then dessert was High-Protein Chocolate Pudding!  The recipe in the book makes 6 servings in 5 minutes and only 136 calories!



My lunch disappeared quite quickly!  









And it all came from the Meals on the Run cookbook.  (which has 150 energy-packed recipes you can make in 30 minutes or less)



Of course I'm feeling quite motivated to cook from my new cookbook and meal planning this week is looking like this:

* Spicy Salmon and Rice Noodle Soup
* Sweet Potato Chicken Stew
* Soba Noodles with Peanut-Sesame Sauce


The recipes definitely mesh well with my clean eating that I've been following for the past 2 months.  I'll make some substitutions and add in gluten free pasta when needed, but other than that, I'm good to go!


I'm excited to try out these new meals out!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!