Bike Riding Big Girl Style

I have BIG news!  Izzy is riding a big girl bike. 


Our friends gave us their daughter’s old princess bike with training wheels and Izzy wanted to ride it immediately.  The protective momma in me didn’t think she was ready for it.  I didn’t want her to fall and get any more boo boos (believe me, she has plenty!).  We have a rocky driveway that really isn’t the best for a beginner bike rider.  Then there’s the hill.  I don’t know why, but the kids are naturally drawn to it and insist on going down the hill.  Even on the first go of riding a bike. 








 
Nervous momma here had her hand ready to steady this big girl going down the hill.  I know someday she’ll take a digger going down the hill, but it wasn’t going to be today! 


Comments

  1. That's awesome! Congrats Izzy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I love the pics. She is a cutie pie:)!
    I'm reading your sidebar (notice Lesson Plan Diva). In MA, we're starting SBI (Standards Based Instruction) in the Fall. There's always something changing in Edu...huh? We updated the Common Core/Standards for the state too! Here comes more prof dev! Pardon my rant and summer just began...LOL...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Take a digger", LOVE it!! No one here, or anywhere other than Maine really, knows what that means! I said it once in college when I was talking about someone who fell on the ice and my friends looked at me like I had five heads!

    Congratulations Izzy, yay for a big girl bike! She did great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!