Happy 4th of July, Virtual 5k, and Cottage Fun

Happy 4th of July everyone!  What are your plans for the day?  This morning we'll be running the LL Bean 10K in Freeport.  It's turning into a yearly tradition.  I remember a few years back, thinking "wow, a 10K is such a long distance, I don't know if I can run that far" - but I signed up because I wanted the free shoes.  For a while there, if you were one of the first 400 to register for the race, you got a free pair of New Balance running shoes.  This year, the race organizers changed it to and had a lottery for the shoes if you registered by a certain date.  This year Ward won a pair of shoes in the lottery and I didn't.  Not a big deal because I haven't been a big fan of the make of shoes we've been getting and Ward has. 

I spent Saturday working on making sparkle skirts for my girls.  I'm not a great seamstress at all and I hope they don't fall apart during the run.  I used this link from Moms Run this Town as my model in making the skirts. 


And then I polished my toes just for the 4th of July.  I think they are going to help me go extra fast.  Don't you think? 




On Sunday, I ran the Livin The Fit Life Virtual Birthday 5k.  I ran naked, once again and brought Izzy along for the ride.  It was a beautiful morning to get out for a run. 




We ran it in about 28 minutes.  Again, I glanced at the clock in the car before we left and then took a look at it when we returned.  We went out around 7:30 am and there were quite a few people out there already walking, biking, and running.  I even had a nice morning chat with our city mayor.  He was out for his morning run as well and slowed down to my pace for a few minutes. 

After the run we took off for the cottage.  We do love a great cottage day. 





This is where we're going to spend the day today (again) after the race.  I'm sure it's going to be yet another fabulous day at the cottage. 


Happy 4th of July everyone! 




Comments

  1. Have a great race and an amazing relaxing 4th.


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a fabulous race! Course PR - by 1 min/11 seconds. I'll take it. Hope you had a great 4th!

      Delete
  2. LOVING the toe nails, they are brilliant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a race I need to put on my bucket list!

    Those toes look FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It's a fun one for sure. It's a bit more (well, a lot more in my opinion) challenging than Beach to Beacon and far less people & excellent cheering support. PLUS, Joan Benoit Samuelson RUNS this one. :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE THE SPARKLES AND THE TOES! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am LOVING the toes!! Have a great race and 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! Looks like you are going to have a great day:) good luck in your race today! Your toes are so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is too fun and same for the toes! Happy racing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charissa! We got lots of compliments on our skirts! (no one saw the toes at the race though)

      Delete
  8. Love the skirt and your toes!! So cute! Happy 4th! Hope you had a good race!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the skirt and the toes. I'll have to sign up for this one next year... Just to run in a race that JOANIE runs!!!! I LOVE her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too. She was signing bibs yesterday but the line was toooooo long. :(

      Delete
  10. Sounds like an amazing day! I LOVE your toenails, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the nails! and I was also at the cottage...sigh I wish I was still there. don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute job on your toenails! Very original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to mess around with my toes on the dock at the cottage. Lots of fun!

      Delete
  13. Your toenails looks awesome! I always paint my fingernails before a race for good luck! The cottage looks fabulous - I need something like that near me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I painted my fingernails too! I don't normally do it - but I think it helped. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!