A Monday Recipe For You - Garlic Scape Pesto Hummus

Happy Monday everyone!  22 more days of summer vacation left for this girl.  Ohhh, I don't want it to end!  

Izzy and I are huge hummus fans.  I think she is more of one than I am, actually.  A couple of weeks ago, I scored a bag of garlic scapes at a local health food store and I knew I was going to make some pesto with it, but then Izzy saw me get out the food processor and said "are you making hummus?  please!!!!!!"  Okay, fine.  Change of plans.  


Of course the change of plans came after I had already made the pesto!  But it really wasn't that hard to change it up to make it into a hummus.  I really just added the pesto mixture to beans and some more spinach (because I had it and I could) and I was done.  

And this is a very clean recipe - even down to the salt.  I used Maine sea salt.  Yum!

This recipe is incredibly delicious and so easy to make, I had to share! And feel free to share yourself.  But only make it if you are a huge garlic fan.  Ward complained for days about my garlic breath.  



Comments

  1. Nancy Silvia CapenAugust 5, 2013 at 8:35 AM

    Oh my yum-o!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum. That sounds fantastic. I love hummus too and it's so easy to make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie @ couchtoironwomanAugust 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM

    This sounds yummy! Mike likes hummus and we both like pesto, we'll have to give it a try sometime!


    I only have 3 more weeks of summer too, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hummus! I will have to try this (when my husband is out of town);)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hummus, this sounds so good! And how great that Izzy loves hummus so much too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I don't think I've ever worked with garlic scapes before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway