Running For ME Lately


Since I've been given the okay to run again, it's been like a heavy dark cloud was lifted.  Now, granted, I was making the best of not-so-fun situation by focusing on doing lots of strength workouts.  It just wasn't the same.

4 miles at camp in my Spandits


Now that I'm back to running, I've promised myself and coach Ward, that I won't overdo it.   While I'd love nothing more than to run every single day, I know my body (knee and foot to be exact) would be pissed.  So instead, I'm taking it easy and just running for the fun of it and enjoying it.  I don't really have a set plan.  Nor do I really care about a plan.  I have races lined up, but I'm not looking for any PRs or anything with them.  I'm really just looking to enjoy myself once again and not be driven by a plan like it's work or something.


I won!  


At some point, I know this will change.  I'll get this goal set in my head, like a PR or a new race distance.  I'll train for it when the time comes.  Until then -

I'm all about running for enjoyment




strength/core training

loving core especially in my Galactic shorts by Spandits!

and yoga. 









Comments

  1. So love your positive metal attitude towards this. I've taken a slice out of your cake and actually booked an orientation at the gym (been a member for a while now so it was on the cards ;-) but I
    am going to be specific about strength/rehabilitation exercises I can do.
    My foot is loving the sleeve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're able to get out there again. It is so frustrating though knowing you want to run every day but that you physically can't. I still struggle with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are able to pull on your adorable spandits and get out there!!! Your daughter is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand and am with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your great Spandits, I am going to have to break down and buy some soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway