There is always TIME!

During the past couple of weeks while I'm focusing on recovery and strengthening my body so I can get back to running, I've found that it's SO easy to fit in strength.  I'm not going crazy with the lifting.  Not yet.  I have been lifting at the gym 2 days a week, which isn't a lot, but I'm still happy with that.  On the other days, I've been doing workouts at home, like Gracie's Virtual Bootcamp, workouts from pinterest, and Jillian Michaels DVDs.  I even got on the elliptical the other day!  I am coming back, I know it.    

sporting my Spandits and Saucony Virratas 

But in addition to those workouts, I've been making it a priority to do additional moves to increase my strength and improve my core and keeping it simple - push ups, planks, and crunches/sit ups/lower leg lifts.   At this point, I'm up to 60 push ups a day.  Not all at once!  But I did get to 20 at a time.  Which is an improvement for me.  My plank times have been between 1-2 minutes and I do 3 of them a day.  In addition, I've been doing a minimum of 100 reps of ab work each day.  Ward even commented, "wow, you have abs".  Nice!  

Last night, while Izzy was in the tub, I realized I hadn't done them, so I go them done while she was in there.   (Note - she's 4 1/2 and I didn't leave her!)  


It doesn't take long to do these moves, I haven't timed it (yet), but I was finished with the abs, push ups, and planks before Izzy was ready to get out of the tub, so less than 10 minutes? 

Comments

  1. love that picture of your daughter looking out from the bath tub.
    Great job working on all your strength training, helps distract from not being able to run doesn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to do one two minute plank a day. It's amazing how long two minutes can be! Your plan sounds more effective. I should throw in a few more and some pushups and situps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo - nice job on the additional strength. And I was just thinking that I need to be doing a few things like that too in my "spare" time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie @ couchtoironwomanAugust 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM

    Haha Izzy didn't really look impressed in that photo! I'm glad you are getting strength training in, I really need to do some more of that soon. Mike and I like to do it during our off season, but we should really do it all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 60 push-ups is impressive! I try to sneak in ab work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! Keep it up! I do pushups when my kiddos are in the bath. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway