Riddle Me This

Lynn, a Team Tough Chik  member came up with this awesome idea of putting together a weekly question called "Riddle Me This".  Last week I was swamped and didn't have time to respond to the question, but this week, I have nothing but time.  Gee, I wonder why? 


What running rule(s) are you guilty of breaking?
Oh my, how appropriate is this for me right now?  The general runners rule for running while sick is head cold - okay, fever/chest cold - stay home.  Well, ugh, we all know I completely ignored this rule.  I went out for my 10 mile run at the Midwinter Classic, because I'm stubborn and couldn't miss a race.  Now I have pneumonia.  While the dr. says it probably wasn't the race to pushed me to where I am now, part of me blames myself for still running on Sunday. 

What's on the menu for me today? 



I was able to throw together an incredibly easy soup today.  I had already done the prep work yesterday by doing the chicken in the crockpot and then I made my own chicken stock in the crockpot afterwards.  Really took zero effort and I was able to take lots of naps in between.   And I had leftover rice in the refigerator as well. 

Today's soup:
Chicken & Rice Soup
- chicken broth
- handful of chicken
- frozen corn
- clove of garlic
- couple of handfuls of kale
- 1 cup already cooked rice (we love Trader Joe's Jasmine Rice, but any rice will do)

Simmer for 30 or so minutes.  Then add in rice.  Stir and serve. 

Ward is not a kale fan at all and was turned off at first.  But was willing to try it because I has slaved over it (ha ha ha!), but he really enjoyed it!  Yay me. 

Comments

  1. Hope you feel better soon! BTW - I received my socks - just in time for a dip in temps:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there! & Yay!!! Glad you got your socks. I hope you love them!

      Delete
  2. That soup looks good! I can't wait until our Trader Joe's is built! I hear good things about it. I hope you are starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Trader Joes! Our closest is in Portland, so it's not super close, but better than nothing!!! I am beginning to feel better. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better soon girlie! Being sick is definetly no good. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is no good at all. All I want to do is run and I can't! Grrrr..... Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Oh no feel better! Soup sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chicken soup because I can throw in whatever my heart desires. Usually white rice, corn, zucchini, lots of garlic, peppercorns... ya... whatever hits my fancy that day. ;) Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? That's the fabulous thing about chicken soup - or really any kind of soup - just toss in what you have or what and is usually tastes delicious!!! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I <3 kale, especially in soup! Hope you feel better soon!

    The running rule I routinely break is "stretch after every run". I hardly ever stretch and it's been the cause of both injuries that sidelined me last year. I am a little (very little) better now, I have a foam roller that I occasionally use, and I try to get a 90 min yoga session in once a week (turns out to be more like 1-2 a month). Progress, not perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY WORD- I have a bracelet that says "Progress not perfection". I won it on Running On Slits blog. That is too funny!
      I love kale too. I try to put it into many things but Ward often turns his nose up to them - unless it's kale chips. I love foam rolling. Yoga is a great way to stretch and I cannot wait to get back into that too. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a little energy to try some. :)

      Keep stretching ...someday (hopefully) it will be a habit!

      Delete
    2. ... did you forget to read your bracelet before you headed out for your race?!? ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh yeah, I get pissed off when my body tries to tell me not to run. Stupid head colds ... and sprained ankles ... and stress fractures ... yeah, apparently my body doesn't want me to run. Ever. It thinks it's a 15 year old golden retriever.

    I hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!