Simple Black Bean Burgers

Over the summer, I made some delicious black bean burgers.  The flavor was amazing and I remember them being so easy to make.  However, for some reason, I'm having a hard time finding that recipe.  I just started craving them again, I think because I'm craving summer to get here NOW.  I guess the black bean burgers will have to do.  This time, I got creative and came up with my own version of black bean burgers and I added in quinoa.  If you also want to try healthy cooking, there are online courses on culinary arts that can help you.




Black Bean Quinoa Burgers

  • ½ can black beans, rinsed & drained
  • ½ c panko
  • 1 sm egg
  • ¼ c quinoa, 1 cup water (I used the tricolor from Trader Joes)
  •  a handful of parmesan cheese
  • spinach

- prepare quinoa by rinsing first, then add to saucepan on stove with water and cook for about 10 minutes
- while the quinoa is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients into a food processor - blend evenly until you get a thick mix
- when the quinoa is complete, combine with the black bean mixture - I used my hands here because the mixture was quite thick
- next I formed the patties - I got three out of this batch
- saute some spinach with a splash of olive oil, then remove and cool
- add the patties to the pan, on low, to "brown" - it took about 3 minutes on each side
- remove the patties, lay on top of the spinach


OH MY FREAKIN WORD





Comments

  1. those look yummy!
    going to make soon hopefully
    pinning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that looks and sounds delicious. Something I imagine I could even pull off (I don't cook lol). Just pinned it @angienewton

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm I'm craving summer too! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look yummy. I even have some quinoa and black beans in my pantry. maybe we'll do this tonight for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still have never had Quinoa! But those look yummy! I love black beans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh mi gosh! those look AMAZING. nom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look good. I think I will try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have pinterest but I think you;ll get lots for these masterpieces :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so pretty! I love all the colors that the quinoa adds. I bet I could get my carnivore husband to eat them, too.

    Pinned it, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!