So I'm Running A Half Tomorrow

I didn't see this one coming AT ALL.  Never thought I'd be running a half marathon tomorrow until about noon today.  





I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I made that comment.   Actually, yes I did.  I was thinking it would be cool, but someone else already won, so I don't have anything to worry about.   Until the winner said he was injured!  So now I'm going.   

The biggest bummer of it all is that tomorrow is a scheduled 13 miler with the girls and we were going to finish at my house.  I hope they will still finish at my house because I made these for them.  


from pinterest - love that site


But aside from that, I know I have it in me to run 13 miles.  I actually really like the fact that I have built myself up to a level where I can just go and run 13 miles and not even think about it.  However, I haven't tapered at all this week.  Why would I have?  I just found today.  Not a biggie.  It's not like I'm going to race it.  



Yes, that's the course.  Ummm..... can I back out now?  No way!  I'm just going to go and run it and have a good time.  (and miss the girls too)


But now I have to pick out an outfit.  Weather.com says 36F at the start and climbing to the mid 40's during the race and it's going to be sunny, with very little wind.  I wish I had my Team Tough Chik shirt but it's not here yet.  Probably sometime in the next 2 weeks (I hope!).  

So here are my 2 options.  


Option A - YMX top, Badass Socks, and Marathon Chics skirt

Option B - Nike top, Badass Socks, and Saucony shorts   

What do you think?  

And what do you think about my new header?  
Keep it?  Go back to the other one?  
It may not stay.  I'm hoping to capture (or have Ward) capture a better picture of the girls running.  But until then, I think this picture will do.  

& here's today's Photo Of The Day - Loud  


some random guy, oh, I mean, my husband.  I cannot wait until he shaves that beard off.  35 more days - because he says he's shaving it the day before Boston.  


Comments

  1. Love the second outfit! And I actually like the new header, but if you get a better picture I'm sure that would be great too!

    Good luck at your half marathon, you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! - I sure hope so! I'm up getting ready right now and the butterflies in my tummy are not flying in formation right now.

      Delete
  2. Holy crap! AWESOME! We are going to miss you, but sweet opportunity. Ooo, and I can't wait to eat whatever those balls are, they look delicious. I'd go option A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me say, your sight looks awesome, you are awesome for the spur of the moment 13.1, and both of those outfits are hot! I like the first one only because I have that YMX shirt, love it and get a a ton of compliments every time I wear. Knock em dead tomorrow lady! Looking forward to reading the full race report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going with option A right now. It's 28 out there (well, it is only 5:45 am too) - I want to at least look badass tomorrow! :) Thank you so much, Lisa!

      Delete
  4. I say A because I love the shirt! Want the shirt! Although I guess it depends on how hot you get when you run. I would wear long sleeves in those temps but I suppose the sun could make it feel warmer....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking "A" right now too. I'm trying to remember I do live in Maine and it is only March! Plus the shirt is so badass....it really goes with the socks.

      Delete
  5. Both options are so cute! Good luck and have fun tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! I love the spontaneous opportunities like that. Good luck tomorrow! With weather forecast, I'd go option A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done a spontaneous race like this! I plan and obsess about races for months. I'm kind of liking it.

      Delete
  7. I love outfit A!!!! God luck with your race tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Super exciting! Trying to get the nerves settled so I can eat.

      Delete
  9. I know I'm too late but oh I LOOOOVE the first outfit! I love that crazy top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love both those outfits. LOVE the header pic. and i hope the race went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to run in YMX tops, but if it is over about 35 degrees I would be too hot wearing that. I also have the Bad Ass socks and get compliments on them all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!